march on, beat, march on

i hit the streets
with a backpack full of things i don't need and
your playlist playing on
repeat
in my ears that are looking for something
to hear, i'll walk
to the edge of the earth to find the artist
of every single one
and ask them how they found inspiration
among these
same-paved roads and endless
gray lines,
the cars passing by without pause,
nothing of substance
with me
but i don't need much more than lyrics for my
soul, and music for my feet
to march on
to

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 6:33 pm:
I read this poem a while ago. But forgot to comment. XD Shame on me. I like the playlist part. I can visualize it. I'd just "jam out" to The Neighborhood or something like that. "i don't need much more than lyrics for my  soul, and music for my feet to march on to" are my favorite lines of the whole poem. Keep it up, pimp. You're too good. :P

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 4:00 pm:
Me gusta. I really like this. It has an independent ring to it. Like their saying "I am who I am as im gonna make my own music". It's cool. Keep rockin Callie :)

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 17 at 1:14 pm:
You always manage to wow me with your creativity. The imagery was awesome too, especially when you described the roads XD Great job as usual and keep on writing! ^_^