Spirit of Faith

Like a feather adrift in the skies,
I float in the sea of life.
My mind an empty canvas,
My heart an oozing wound.
An immigrant in this cold world,
I am blind to my future
And my choices.
The dove calls to me,
Healing psalms to my shattered wings,
But His calls never reach my eyes,
For I am distracted as time stumbles by.

Crimson colors blanket my might,
And the dove yet continues to fight
To crumble my default shield.
I sprint without knowing my destination,
Yearning for someone's desperate passion.
Explanations are questioned and love is tested;
Our ideas drift within the ocean's lapping waves.
I thirst for the power of His light,
Yet drown in the darkness of the well.
The dove escapes and follows me here;
A hint of His spirit floods within my heart.
Shall my destiny be chained to the needles of medication?
Am I that of a rainbow; a trick to the eye, an illusion?
The dove seduces these dark thoughts into the void of forgetfulness,
And my tears become the rain that shatters my default shield
Which smothers everyone the day they’re born.

He is my savior from this well,
And my humility crushes my pride
With pounds
Of His never ending love.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 6:28 pm:
I will start with the negative, if it could be considered "negative". The line "But His calls never reach my/ eyes" for me is rather confusing. I'm not sure that calls must reach a person's eyes; ears perhaps. But again, this is my opinion. Other than that, I do love the spiritual feeling this poem offers. I enjoy the emotion you convey. The last stanza is exquisite. 

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 17 at 6:26 pm:
Oh, wow. I love the symbolism all thoughout. The dove, and how it follows the speaker even as he is stuck in the well. Edging its way in, almost a doubting of his doubts. A very good representation of faith. It also... astonishingly relatable. Am I the only one who had the feel that I was the one in the well...? Either that I had been, and was free, or that I *would* be, and Id be the one waiting for the dove, hoping for its psalms to heal me. I HAD to read this a few times over. It was just goo... (more »)

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 18 at 2:57 pm :
hahah thank you so much! It means so much :)

SuzieQ777This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 16 at 3:41 pm:
WOW, this was sooo good. definitely one of my faves. :)

Aug. 17 at 5:37 pm :
Thank you :)

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 16 at 2:29 pm:
love it! i love the story you tell