getting a bit sentimental

I miss those four-foot-two days
When my biggest worry was if
I were to be rendered un-cool at school
By my Hello Kitty booster seat.

Those field trip picnic days
Of cherry Kool-Aid breath
And trying to curl our pink wet tongues
Like those lunch-packed Fruit Roll-Ups.

Those truth-or-dare days
Of licking metallic door handles
(Yuck, she actually did it!)
And spilling our darkest diaper secrets.

Those rainy April days
Of flooded playground swings
(And no one wanted to be embarrassed by a wet bottom)
So we just watched the plump raindrops race on the window.

Those thirty-degree winter days
Where we all exhaled and saw little puffs of breath
And forced our slaving moms to make us marshmallow-melting
Hot chocolate in addition to a mountain of chili.

Yeah, those days were the best.

Janelle7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 11:36 am:
aw i miss those days!

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:41 am:
Yeah, those days were the best.   

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
D*mn, now I'm getting sentimental too. -sniff- I miss those days too when all you had to worry was about stupid sensless things. Not life-changing eff that worries you day and night. Loving the attitude. You're always sassy. To me the incorporation of the paranthesis is clever; it's like talking to the reader. Absolutely well done. 

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 13, 2013 at 7:37 pm :
Thanks! XD Yeah some of this stuff didn't come from my childhood, but others like watching raindrops race and hot chocolate (and yes, licking door handles) were. ^_^