toothless thunder This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The scientific [no-one-cares-about-you]
experts
say that thunder is a
fear-inducing natural phenomenon,
reducing little kids
and puppies alike
to spasms of terror-laced quivering.
But I say that a phobia of solar eclipses
would make more sense.
Last time I checked,
thunder doesn't freely donate Vitamin D.
It's a toothless mutt biting your rear.
You hear the throaty growl issued,
you flee, fleshy legs pumping, and NOOO!

Wait, what?

You have a gummy canine mouth slobbering on your jean bottoms.

Wow, really scary.

hazel grace said...
Oct. 1 at 9:53 pm:
hello krasota :) it's hazel. I had to leave the site becuase people found out, and I thought about you and i'm glad to see you are writing just as amazingly as you always have :) i have an account at hello poetry under hazel grace. so if you want to check it out feel free. Stay gold <3 

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 2 at 9:50 pm :
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL <33333 I MISSED YOU SO MUCH. THANK YOU AND GAH YES I SHALL CHECK YOU OUT TOMORROW (I'd do it today but I've got to get ready for school tomorrow cause I wake up at 5:45 so yeah, BUT I SHALL DEFINITELY CHECK IT OUT TOMORROW). LOVE YA, MY POETIC TWIN <3

Oct. 3 at 7:07 pm :
ARGHHHHHHHHHHH I CAN'T RESPOND TO YOUR WORK T.T ah well. I shall read it faithfully ^_^

ramona7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 28 at 12:28 pm:
a poet like you shouldn't ever go unnoticed....excellent work of art!!!!!!

Aug. 31 at 12:00 pm :
Thank you! :D

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 14 at 5:57 pm:
This is seriously great. I love the lighthearted and witty style you incorporate, as well as your creative use of metaphor (Thunder as a toothless dog? That's awesome). Great job with this one. :) I look forward to reading more of your work!

Aug. 15 at 11:05 am :
Thank you! :D

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 13 at 2:36 pm:
I can't remember what poet you remind me of.... Marianne Moore, that's who! In your poetry, you tend to be witty (in real life too, I bet) and quite cynical in a way. You have attitude that dumbs things down like in this case thunder for people that might not understand. You have the spark that Moore often incorporated in her poetry. You are one of the "genuine" she describes in "Poetry". This poetry demonstrates your talent with your tone and imagery that is sharp an... (more »)

Aug. 13 at 2:43 pm :
I actually haven't read her work (crazy, because I read ton of poetry, both on and off TI). Lol, I've been described as cynical and sarcastic. Anyways, thanks a lot! It means so much to me that you discovered that I had an Editor's Choice Award even before I did and decided to comment on it XD Keep on writing, friend!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 23 at 5:09 pm :
Hey, Krasota, long time no talk. You need to email me. :P Any way, I wanted to personally (well, not literally) but at least be the first to congratulate you (again) on being published for this marvelous poem. That's twice in one magazine! Wow! I haven't done that...yet. XD Congrats; you deserve it. 

Oct. 23 at 5:09 pm :
Just for that, I'm giving you five stars. 

today at 9:50 pm :
Thanks <3 Sorry, I literally cannot email right now. Too painful to sit up right now. I have two dislocated ribs. Maybe that'll be the next thing I write about XDD

today at 9:51 pm :
urgh I said right now twice.