Roots This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Do I have roots?”

Sings the snowflake
as she tumbles down past midnight.

“Do I have roots?”

She sings,
as she slips
through an emerald sky.

“Do I have roots?”

Sings the snowflake
who thinks she is a flower.

“Do I have roots?”

Oh no, my dear.
Oh no,
but you can fly.

PixiePoetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
yesterday at 4:12 pm:
This is truly spectacular!  Well done, indeed!  I'm glad you can take past experiences and weave them into a wonderful work of art.  Congratualations on getting into the magazene!  You deserve it!

nelehjrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 1:55 pm:
Congrats getting published!

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 9:28 am :
Thank you!!

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 27 at 6:36 am:
Congratulations Em! This one definitely deserved to be published. I am SO HAPPY :D :D :D

Oct. 29 at 9:15 am :
Thank you! :D :D :D

Sep. 8 at 6:13 am:
I can relate so completely and I guess that is why this takes my breath away. This definitely made me think back on all the times we had to move and now that you put it in words I do wonder that very same thing. Many congratulations on the editor's choice but I do agree with thatunknownthing, that this one deserves more.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sep. 8 at 6:14 am :
And writing camp = WOW.

Sep. 8 at 8:01 pm :
Thank you! It's so great knowing that my writing an be relatable to others. I've always been haunted by moving, but now that I think back on it it has given me some incredible blessings. There are few people where I live who can look past an ending. They get incredibly upset when they see marching band seasons coming to an end or friends graduating, and I used to feel heartless for not being as sad as them. But it's nice to be able to focus on the beginings, and so to fly from o... (more »)

Sep. 9 at 1:02 pm :
And your description makes my haunted feeling edging away. wow. thanks for all that. Because I realize now that despite all the tough time and tears and tragedies, it gives me thousands of blessings as well, so thank you.

Sep. 9 at 8:46 pm :
Ah, Teen Ink ate my reply. What I said was that I'm really, really glad to have been able to effect you in that way and thank you so, so much for all your wonderful support and encouragement.

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 30 at 1:23 pm:
OH MY GOODNESS. this deserves to be published in a real BOOK. a favorite for me now, definately. so beautiful, your imagery and the last line was extremely pleasing and original!!! amazing poetry. and yeah, it's been a long time since reading you! how are you doing?  

Aug. 31 at 11:24 am :
Oh my goodness, thank you so much! That means a lot to me, really! I'm good--a little swamped with school work, but learning is fun so it's all worth it. I went to an amazing writing camp this summer, so that was really cool. How are you?