Just Understand.

People Like Us-
In this lie of ours, we are misunderstood and judged for reasons we should be heard cradled. Every problem building up inside like water to a closed dam. Until that dam gets a crack and the water comes pouring out. For us the problems come rushing out through broken skin from razors on our body. Crimson red relief we call it. We want to be understood, but we can't understand ourselves in this world where understanding is rare, and where blind ignorance is so common among people who honestly don't give a crap. But hey we put on that fake smile and fool everybody that those scars are from the cat. The "licensed clinicians" trying to reach into our head to pinpoint the "root" of our condition, who are no more help than a blind brain surgeon performing an important operation. Accidentally poking and prodding and pushing that spot in our heads to make us snap. Then there's the questions and stares when you show your battle wounds from losing that fight with yourself the night before, hoping that you can avoid punching as many people as possible. In this life of ours we are labeled freaks, crazy, emo, insane because we are different. This girls has scars on her arms so she's automatically an outcast. That girl who's bipolar changes emotions way too fast. This girl who's emo because her collection on black clothing is too vast. That girl is crazy because her past two suicide attempts aren't her last. No one but people like us can relate to people like us. In this life we are tortured by the monsters in our head, telling is we'd be better off dead, cutting to feed the hunger that can never be fed. What people don't know is that in this life of ours the phrase actions speak louder than words is the whole point.

BeSempiternal said...
yesterday at 5:01 pm:
This is.. amazing. Just beautiful.

WhenYouCantSleepAtNightThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 7:00 am :
Awh thank you c: Btw i love the album Sempiternal cx

Hi_AlisonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 31 at 9:01 am:
"Like this is my favorite I can almost relate to it," said Alison

royalujjwa4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 30 at 10:13 pm:
well said!

Staticlife said...
Aug. 28 at 7:18 pm:
its the same all over, we listen to metal music. Outcast. Wear all black. outcast. Make odd jokes, outcast.  Thanks for writing this asia!  

Aug. 28 at 7:30 pm :
welcome (:

KenzicoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 28 at 5:19 pm:
true true true. well said it resonates.

Aug. 28 at 6:46 pm :
awh thanks (: 

liberalartistThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 26 at 9:09 am:
that was really well done, and extreamly true in todays socitey

Aug. 26 at 9:14 am :
thank you (:

PeriwinkleFallsSoftlyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 15 at 9:26 pm:
"That girl is crazy because her past two suicide attempts aren't her last." Beautiful words. This is powerful work. Good job Asia :)

Aug. 28 at 8:58 pm :
omg thanks (:

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 12 at 7:17 pm:
So true asia, we live in a society that judge us on what we appear not how we act or think. You nailed everything perfectly. Well done. you sent chills down my back from this omazing poem

Aug. 12 at 7:18 pm :
thank you c:

Midnight5765This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 12 at 7:12 am:
So true on how society judges us by what we have done and our appereance. I love your similes and other figurative word choices!

Aug. 12 at 7:12 am :
thank you (:

WhenYouCantSleepAtNightThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 12 at 7:08 am:
In this LIFE* of ours, lol sorry.