We all learned, when we were young

We all learned, when we were young
that one plus one makes two

We all learned, when we were young
that yellow and blue makes green

We all learned, when we were young
that girls and boys like each other

They didn't tell us, when we were young
that girls can like girls

They didn't tell us, when we were young
that boys can like boys

So we didn't like those People,

who broke the 'Rules' and didn't make sense to us

who didn't make two out of one plus one

who didn't make green out of yellow and blue

who were girls that like girls
and boys that like boys

who were just People, just a little different.

tori-gurlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 8 at 11:06 pm:
I really like how you went about writing about this topic. I believe that it is imporant to bring awareness to controversial issues, and you were able to capture the essence of misunderstandings and ignorance pertaining to the LGBTs. Good job!

MamondeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 9 at 12:36 am :
Thanks! I think that this is a really important issue and people should try to understand that some people have different ideas about how they want to live. :)

tori-gurlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 9 at 10:26 pm :
No problem! :) If you enjoy poems like this, I wrote one about this issue if you want to check it out. Its called "Who are you to play God?" It's one of my older poems though so it is a bit shaky in places, but check it out if you want.  

today at 10:51 am :
Sure! I'll go check it out right now.