The World We Live In | Teen Ink

The World We Live In

By mad24rockchick BRONZE, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
mad24rockchick BRONZE, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

What kind of world are we living in?
Why should you care if someones clothes aren't name-brand?
Why can't guys have long hair and girls have short hair and not be called WEIRD, UGLY, NASTY, and etc.
Why can't MY MOM have the rights SHE DESERVES because she's in love with a woman?
Why is everything so "gay" or "ghetto" ?
THOSE ARE OFFENSIVE TERMS TO PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY ARE GAY AND WHO LIVED IN THE GHETTO.
Don't even get me started with the derogatory terms made about GENDER or SIZE or RACE or HEIGHT or SEXUAL PREFERENCE or WHERE YOU LIVE!!!
I don't get it..
Why can't we all just RESPECT each other?
Is that such a "sin?"
Well we don't all have the same religion either.
Sometimes It's really disappointing to see what kind of world we live in.
I just wish everyone could help change it...

I didn't exactly have an "inspiration" for this piece; this is just my life and all of the things I deal with EVERYWHERE. My mom's gay, it's not a big deal and it shouldn't interrupt your life! They just wanted to be treated like every other human being. Thank you!

Ari.6 BRONZE said...
Ari.6 BRONZE, Burlington, North Dakota

Each and everyone of us have a flame that burns inside and they can try to put that flame out but as long as we know who we are meant to be, they don't stand a chance. Andy Sixx, BVB

also it shouldnt matter what you look like or what you wear a person is a person and thats all they are.  

Ari.6 BRONZE said...
Ari.6 BRONZE, Burlington, North Dakota

I like this poem a lot i also agrree with you on it because its stupid stuff like this people focus on instead of seeing through the clothing to see who that person actualy is

tori-gurl PLATINUM, Norwich, New York

smile through everything no matter how bad it gets because it could be worse and if it gets worse well then it can only get better. :)

I completely agree with you on all of these issues! I believe that we all should be able to live the lives we choose and no one should ever interfere with that. I would enjpy reading an opinion piece by you on some of these issues. Oh and I think you would enjoy my poem "Who are you to play God" it is about LGBT awareness