Peaches and Time

Time curls like ripened peach skin
Pulled from the flesh.
Which falls from my hands
Before I can think to catch it.
But the peach tree out front
Is ripe now
And freckled with nucleus, cytoplasm,
Membrane tickled with baby fuzz.

The premature fruits
Lay smooth and hard, around the base
As my brother took joy in
Picking the green globes
That would thunk upon the dirt
And roll to his feet in adulation.

This is satisfying somehow,
Our control on the cells of the world.
But time contains no nucleus
No cytoplasm or membrane,
And it falls from my hands
Before I can think to catch it.

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 1:28 am:
This is a great poem, I really enjoyed reading it. I wish school wouldn't start :( 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 5 at 6:51 pm:
Very original and witty similes. You're really talented. And I don't like school that much either. So I could feel your pain. Very descriptive. 

MissExplorationThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 1 at 7:29 pm:
I never thought about connecting peaches and time together. Very creative. Your first and last stanza go well together, but the second stanza seems a bit random because you are not focusing on yourself anymore. From how I read it, I assumed that your poem was focusing on yourself.  On your last stanza when it says, "This is satisfying somehow" can you describe why it's satisfying? and be more specific. I like how you used simple biology terms in this poem.  Overa... (more »)

LabradorianThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 1 at 8:37 pm :
Thank you for your comment and suggestions. I will definately take them into consideration.