the great god pen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

She told me that all the blood was just
poetry and now all I can do is just bleed
but none of it flows properly.

If you bleed too much then your blood says: “bye-bye”
and then you'll go prune. So, my parents had me condemned
snatched my blood away, gave it a tourniquet
and cauterized them all

imagine. having to ask:
“my little red cells
have gone missing, sir.
cut me open to find them?”

when it was so easy
in the start.
Now my blood's blackened, and my words are ashen
cut me open, and I'll form a pool of oils at your feet.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 1 at 4:34 pm:
Excellent poem, Ada. I love Sylvia Plath. I think it's great that one of her quotes inspired this poem. It explains the quote with vivid imagery. I'm fascinated by the blood metahpor. (One tiny thing that I didn't understand was the "was" in "She was told...". Should it have been a "has"? I'm not sure.) Regardeless, great title too. And the wording is parallel to that of Plath's. Very well written. And congrats on the Editors' Choice. 

east_of_adaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 1 at 9:42 pm :
Oh God. You're completely right. I must've copied the older edit onto the draft. :/ I was suppored to be 'she told me'   -dead-

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 2 at 3:30 pm :
NO! Don't feel that way. It's so minor. Happens to me all the time. By the way, it didn't disuade the Editors' from giving it an Editors' Choice. So congrats! 

Sep. 20 at 5:52 pm :
Oh my God!!!! Congrats on being published. Now, I'm really happy I'm being published also this time. So happy for you, Ada. You deserve it. I have a feeling this won't be the last time.

Sep. 20 at 9:21 pm :
You're getting published too?! Which poem of yours?! -must find and reread so I can love it-

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
yesterday at 2:51 am :
Hey, which one of yours is getting publish? Congratulations Mckay!!!     And Ada: This is such a breath-taking poem. I love the wit and it is equally beautiful as the inspiration from which it was drawn. Congratulations on getting published. It is indeed a unique piece of work. I look forward to reading more by you.

yesterday at 12:40 pm :
We're both gettting published Bjartskular-friend. And thank you so very much. My poetry means the world to me; but really, I didn't write these poems. Life did. Heartbreak and anxiety did. But thank you friend.

today at 8:26 am :
Well, I think that it means the world to more than just you ;) And just let me congratulate you again.