Perfection

As it looks you in the mirror
It points out all your flaws

Every time you shed a tear
It strikes you with it's claws

The marks upon your pale skin
The desire to be thin

The cuts upon your wrist
And all the pain you haven't missed

Yet many years from now
You will finally realise
It isn't worth it
It isn't worth it at all

As it looks you in the mirror
And points out all your flaws

Pretend you cannot hear
When perfection calls

Claudia.VII said...
Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:37 am
I like the flow of the poem. You handled some pretty deep stuff pretty well, and, I'm liking the image that goes with it. :)

Kati312 replied...
Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:41 am
Thank you! I also really like this image

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:19 am
I like the imagery and the flow, and i like how what you wrote was pretty much true way to go and you are good at poetry it shows.

RoseLouisaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:10 am
I LOVE it!

SuzieQ777This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is good with a very nice flow too it, and so relatable. I love it. <3   =)

Kati312 replied...
Thank you!

KenzicoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is awesome! I really like it, it has flow and it ryhmes well. So so true too. You should write more!

Kati312 replied...
Thank you, it means a lot! And yes, many people I know have been through this, and I feel it is a topic that shouldn't be ignored.