A Sinner | Teen Ink

A Sinner

July 25, 2013
By LittleMissLostInParadise GOLD, Cumberland, Virginia
LittleMissLostInParadise GOLD, Cumberland, Virginia
19 articles 0 photos 21 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We live in a strange bubble"
-Brian Molko


I fall down on my weary, frail old knees and pray to every deity that I can think of, begging them to have mercy on an old woman. My father always told me that pain and remorse and things such as this came from the Gods. It meant they were displeased with me, and found me unrighteous. I had not served them well. I had not tried hard enough.
I pray until my lips are cracked and bleeding. My mouth feels like it is taut over my cheeks like an animal skin stretched out ready to be tanned. My voice is so hoarse, not even a good old cup of my mother’s chamomile tea could soothe my poor throat. I finally give up and cast myself to the floor. I do not get up. I no longer have the strength to beg for something I know will not come to me. I will not be saved. I am a sinner whose hands are forever stained red.


The author's comments:
This speaks to me and my childhood. I was raised in a family where religion and God were above self values and love. I had to fight to get out of the cultish world that I was trapped in. Stay Strong Kids!
-Paradise :)<3