A Sinner | Teen Ink

A Sinner

By LittleMissLostInParadise GOLD, Cumberland, Virginia
LittleMissLostInParadise GOLD, Cumberland, Virginia

"We live in a strange bubble"
-Brian Molko

I fall down on my weary, frail old knees and pray to every deity that I can think of, begging them to have mercy on an old woman. My father always told me that pain and remorse and things such as this came from the Gods. It meant they were displeased with me, and found me unrighteous. I had not served them well. I had not tried hard enough.
I pray until my lips are cracked and bleeding. My mouth feels like it is taut over my cheeks like an animal skin stretched out ready to be tanned. My voice is so hoarse, not even a good old cup of my mother’s chamomile tea could soothe my poor throat. I finally give up and cast myself to the floor. I do not get up. I no longer have the strength to beg for something I know will not come to me. I will not be saved. I am a sinner whose hands are forever stained red.

This speaks to me and my childhood. I was raised in a family where religion and God were above self values and love. I had to fight to get out of the cultish world that I was trapped in. Stay Strong Kids!
-Paradise :)<3

Hanban12 ELITE said...
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

Wow, this is really outstanding. Your word flow is perfect and the whole concept is breathtaking, along with beautiful descriptions. Truly captivating metaphors are used here: "My mouth feels like it is taut over my cheeks like an animal skin stretched out ready to be tanned." The ending really sends chills down the reader's spine in a way that is eerie yet satisfying. Great job! You have an amazing gift.

on Aug. 2 2013 at 11:30 am
Fallen_ PLATINUM, Quakertown, Pennsylvania

" a shattered world is only an opening into a new beginning with laughs, smiles, and love all around enter the world of the light and away from the broken darkness"

OMG this is really really good, i love your word chocie and your flow its a nice layout and amazing.

Sudsinthebucket SILVER, ?, Montana

"The best and most beautiful things must be felt with the heart."

-Helen Keller

Oh my gosh I loved this one.... Wow... just wow. Good job I really liked the visulizations and the differnet details that you bring to this piece. I really liked it and you also left it at a good spot and not in an awkward sentence but left me wanting more. I really liked it....... alot. :D