nobody's poem

this poem was supposed
to be for you
but you turned out
to be someone
i didn’t know
someone like the stars
foreign and unreachable
so i’ve decided to write
this for the stars
that are speckling
the inky firmaments
like freckles
fickle puny bastards
one night they’re here
the next few
they’re gone
without a word
like you would do often
and though they say
they love me
like you would do
day-to-day
i know their
hearts are set
on someone else
the moon perhaps
celeste was destined always
to become a shameless
home-wrecking w****
yet they’re far from me
as you always were
my fingers will never
feel their fringed edges
as i never felt you
but the void you left
in me
like the desolate holes
the stars leave
in the night’s moonless light years

yet i love them
like i thought i loved you
though i’ll never know them
like i never
deciphered you
a foreign star too far for
my fingers to envelop and make mine

QuietChaosThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 2:35 pm:
I've been looking at your work for awhile now and I have to say that I love almost every single thing you do. Through your poems I get this sense of who you are as a person and quite frankly, you're beautiful. The way you can string words together is enviable and I cannot even fully articulate how much I love your work.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 6:57 pm :
I've been in an tense mood lately because two of my reviews didn't do as well as I wanted them to do. As I writer and someone who is passionate about every piece I write, I felt disappointed and annoyed by it. And to hear your kind praise—far too laudable for me—I feel honored. You're too kind. You've made my day. Thank you so much. It means so much to hear something like that from a talented writer as yourself. 

MaryCharlene said...
Aug. 15 at 11:12 pm:
Hey, I had to delete all my stuff becasue People at school found out about my account  :( but I made a new one under the name hazel grace at hello poetry- will you tell krasota for me too? I  so appreciate all the support you've given me on this site and all the confidence you have helped me build in my writing. You are a wonderful person Mckay <3

Sep. 2 at 9:24 pm :
Hey, I'm so sorry to hear that. Please continue to write. I'm a fan of your work. DO NOT STOP! You're always supportive of me too. And it means a lot to me. I've told her already just so you know. Hope to chat with you too.

Superhero_FanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 15 at 8:21 pm:
Great job Mckay! You kept swapping back and forth between the two in a smooth metaphor. You were very specific with your discriptions, and I loved the last paragraph. Keep writing Mckay!

Sep. 2 at 9:22 pm :
Superhero_Fan, thank you so much. I appreciate it. 

IronMan4EverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 14 at 10:12 am:
Oh my goodness this is amazing! I love the comparisons! Great job! 

Aug. 15 at 1:29 pm :
Thank you, IronMan4Ever. 

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 9 at 11:30 am:
Am I right to guess who this is about? It doesn't matter, I guess :P That aside, this poem is soooo she-bang and sassy, full of attitude, I wanna be like, you tell them! Screw them! XD The creativity of this and the emotion felt behind it is staggering......amazing. Why it didn't get a red checkmark is beyond me, just like the stars ;) Great job, moe. 

Aug. 12 at 8:19 pm :
Why it didn't get it, I dunno. And no you're not wrong to assume. Most of my poem lately are inspired by it. I hate it. But at the same time, I've had a boost of poems. And a great boom of check marks. So, it kinda all works out. In a way. Thanks you, Jade.I.Am

SamanthaWThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 7 at 3:16 pm:
This is probably the most creative poem I've read on TeenInk. I can definitely relate to it, too. I could feel the emotion you felt when writing this because it seems that I have gone through similar experiences than you have. My favorite part was "Though I'll never know them, Like I never, Deciphered you." I've seen you comment on the forums before but I had never clicked on your profile. I'm glad I did though, because I'm obsessed with your writing. :P

Aug. 12 at 8:16 pm :
Hey, SamanthaW. I'm so happy you clicked on my profile. I didn't know people noticed me. Thank you for clicking on my profile. This is an emotional piece. Thank you for relating and for your thorough feedback. I appreciate it. 

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 30 at 10:15 am:
Hey there! Long time no read (does tht make sense!?) well, i like this, but i feel that some of the metaphors of the stars and person can get a little repetitive. Also the flow seems to be not as flowy as maybe it could be. Overalls though, i liked the idea and the form. Good job McKay. Keep rockin :)

Jul. 30 at 4:15 pm :
Liv, so glad that you're reading my work again....since like forever. >.> I always appreciate the constructive feedback from you. I guess, I'd blame my emotions for this poem not being my "best". But not every poem will be the "best". Gracias.

nelehjrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 29 at 8:46 pm:
Great poem! I'd give it 5 stars but my computer is acting up. I'll try again later. I love the deep emotion and how you compare your ex-lover to the stars. Very clever.

Jul. 30 at 4:13 pm :
Thank you, nelehjr! And es-lovers are like the stars except less cooler...and brighter. 

nelehjrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 30 at 6:47 pm :
Haha! Again, very clever!

Sep. 2 at 9:25 pm :
True! Thanks. 

HazelGrace said...
Jul. 24 at 8:21 pm:
dadsndlksjhflksjdfncnncndjwjksdslkdjfhjkf I just had a wordgasm this was amazing. My favorite part was when you called the moon and home wrecking bioch. Your star metaphor was unexpected but like it worked so perfectly to repersent what idiot decided they didn't love you and then the "desolate holes part" idk if this even makes sense im fangirling askljdas;lkdj lovelovelove

Jul. 25 at 3:22 pm :
Hahaha. I didn't know my poems could have such an effect on people. The power of poetry. I get those wordgasms occasionally: not gonna lie. XD Thank you for the love and appreciation for this poem. Sometimes, break-ups make great poems. And that moon is a biotch sometimes. >.>