expired tuna in a bloated can | Teen Ink

expired tuna in a bloated can MAG

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

i cough and gag
and expel you
like an overdue hairball
stuck within my throat
some mindless lover
unsuspecting
the future heartache
i will cause him
caught my curiosity
i lick my paws
to rid myself
of the rancid taste
of you
expired tuna
in a bloated can

A mixture of inspirations here. Imagists and Beats. And a hell lot of emotions.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Hey, Liv, so happy you're reading my work, even though you're stranded somewhere I hear. And yes, it's a...cough...cough...ahem. Thank you so friggin much. I can't wait for your book. So happy you're working hard on it. I'll make sure to pre-order.

east_of_ada said...
east_of_ada, Null, Other

"As for me, I am a watercolor. I wash off." (via Anne Sexton,"For My Lover, Returning To His Wife")

"I think I made you up inside my head.'' (via Sylvia Plath, "Mad Girl's Love Song")

"You called it cosmic; I thought it was icy." (via Ada Coen)

we so need heroine/hero names. omg. like yes.   THE DAY MAKER

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

Amazing as usual, though by now I have certainly learned to expect nothing less! I like it. I really do. And um.....cough, cough, is that a little red check I see? Hmm curious. Haha no, you deserved this one as opposed to those other times when you bribed them ;) Nah. Mckay I am sitting here on a deserted island reading your poetry on a dimmed iPad and having the freaking time of my life! Keep rockin dude, cuz when ya do, you can really go far. P.s I'm workin on my next novel so look for it in the bookstores and check the local Barnes and noble near you ;) hasta la vista baby

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

It's been so long. Nice to see you again on Teenink. I can't say that anything besides the feedback of my literary sista makes me happier and want to continue writing better poems. Although I fear I won't be able to come up with anything fresh for the future. Thank you! 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Awesome. I'd love to be the side-kick. Nothing makes you feel better than making someone else's day. 

migwam ELITE said...
on Aug. 2 2013 at 12:06 am
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius

Ah. This poem makes me proud to be your literary sista. Brilliant, brilliant. Keep it up :)))

east_of_ada said...
east_of_ada, Null, Other

I live to make people's day Like fo'real, I'd be the Wonder Woman of day-making. :D

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Oh, don't say that about your work. I'm so friggin happy I kicked started you out of writer's block. If this poem did that honestly, it has done more than I could've asked for and dreamed of. I'm so proud of it now more than ever. Thank you for making my day. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

ChrisJ, thank you so much. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

XD. Ewwww. 

east_of_ada said...
east_of_ada, Null, Other

You're very welcome~! Your poem made my evening and actually kick started me a bit out of my writers block, so honestly I ought to be thanking you. And yes, boys and other lovers are like that. We make a terrible mistake giving them our hearts. And thank you for saying you'd check out my stuff. I hope to see your comments on my own poo-art.~Ada

ChrisJ PLATINUM, Rochester, New York

"Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.”
- Martin Luther King Jr.

I can truly feel the emotion in this. I love the first few introductory lines and how the whole poem ties together with a nice flow, great job.

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

“If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” –David Letterman

No problem XD I concur, though she'd eat it anyway. It's what her breath smells like -_-

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I'm sure I don't make you poems look like...excrement. Thank you for the thorough feedback. (I agree lovers are like that.) I appreciate it. I'm make sure to read your work as well. Thank you, Ada, you've really made my day. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

*sophistryxo. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you, shopistryxo. 

on Jul. 31 2013 at 11:26 am
sophistryxo SILVER, St. Louis, Missouri

“There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars.”
-Jack Kerouac

This is excellent! I love your word choice and how you express yourself. Great job!

east_of_ada said...
east_of_ada, Null, Other

I absoluetely adore it. I especially loved the hairball part- since a once-upon-a-time lover tends to tickle your brain like lodged bits of hair and you really can't get rid of them without choking them all out but then your mouth has that rancid taste in it.   I can't even express myself past that since simply, this was fabulous-you make my poems look like poo, but y'know, in a good way. I believe now I will go read more of your work~! --Ada

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you, bridezilla. Long time no see. 

Scarlett_the_pegacorn BRONZE, Niceville, Florida

Don't tell me how to live my life; I do what I want.

As always, this depicts such an amazing scene. Keep it up. ;3