expired tuna in a bloated can This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

i cough and gag
and expel you
like an overdue hairball
stuck within my throat
some mindless lover
unsuspecting
the future heartache
i will cause him
caught my curiosity
i lick my paws
to rid myself
of the rancid taste
of you
expired tuna
in a bloated can

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 17 at 11:57 am:
My dear, Congrats on the publishing!! Is it just me or did you notice that the poems they chose from your collection and mine to publish this month are remarkably similar? Interesting stuff. I love this poem. Allthefeels.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 21 at 12:25 pm :
Coincidence? Fate? Destiny? I dunno. I will say that your poem "Food and Wine" was an inspiration for this poem and Fame Monster, primarily for the latter due to one image in your poem. I'm so honored that we'll share and grace the pages of Teen Ink together. It is striking how both of these poems, as similar as they are, were chosen to be together among other works. I remember how upset I was when I wrote this. How I wanted to ceate something unusual. Something that I wasn'... (more »)

Christian T. said...
Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:15 am:
This is a really great poem; it all ties together very well.

Sept. 2, 2013 at 8:20 pm :
Thanks, Christian T, fellow male writer. Nice to see  another guy who writes too. 

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow! The entire metaphor in this poem really reaches out to readers. I enjoy everything about it- to the bouncing rythym, the comparisons, the double meaning- I think this is a very creative poem that definetly deserved Editor's Choice. Well done :)

Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:47 pm :
Thank you so much, Hanban. I appreciate the feedback. I'm very happy for this poem too; means the world to receive such kind feedback. 

east_of_adaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Batman is life. we shall roam gotham streets and make people enjoy their days~!

Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:38 pm :
I couldn't have said it better myself. 

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:25 pm :
First take I though you ate some nad fish and wrote a good poem, then I was is this about people and breakup and got more into it, then I was like r u a cat? But overall, I thought it was a nice cute poem.

east_of_adaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 17, 2013 at 7:40 pm :
batmaaaaaan~!

Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:30 pm :
Fallenoutofgrace, yes, I will agree with you. Even as I wrote it, I didn't quite fully understand this poem myself. As an author, sometimes you don't understand what you write yourself. It takes some epiphany, I suppose, or an elightment to understand your own work. So glad you like it. And think it's "cute". I haven't thought of it that way. But I guess it is. Thank you so much.

Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:31 pm :
Ada, yeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss. I love BATMAN! 

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 9, 2013 at 11:32 am:
My first reaction? EWW. XD But yeah, this is amazing. And you definitely deserve the red check mark. Keep those emotions boiling, they spit out good poetry all the while :P

Aug. 12, 2013 at 8:11 pm :
They do. I hate being emotional. But with poetry, it helps. Thanks, pimp. Sorry for grossing you out. 

all we need now are cool costumes and weapons.

Aug. 7, 2013 at 2:03 pm :
I agree. Although, I do believe latex does not flatter my figure. XD

Aug. 10, 2013 at 10:22 pm :
we could do a Batman themed costume c;

Aug. 12, 2013 at 8:12 pm :
I couldn't agree anymore. And YEAH BATMAN! 

we so need heroine/hero names. omg. like yes.   THE DAY MAKER

Aug. 5, 2013 at 4:18 pm :
I'm with you. 100% It'd be the best mission ever.