Uprising

Leaves slip off these trees
Like the tears upon
Your shining cheeks;
We tread upon their cape
As an act of sheer rebellion.
These trees droop with the sorrow
Of hibernation,
But we shudder our foliage
As an act
Of sheer revolution.

Sharpen your branches
For the battle
Of winter;
Broaden your trunks
For the war
Of nature.
We fight for freedom,
For crimson red;
Poison the fear
Coursing through your head.

The bears here roar
Their very last
And sleep to remember
The Forest’s past.

Winter is coming;
Be prepared.
Another battle,
Another shared.

The-Noir-Poet said...
yesterday at 11:32 pm:
Wonderful. The trees going off to war, the bears and all of us going to defend ourselves. I want to go change a life now. Ever dark and yours, The-Noir-Poet.

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 11:14 am :
Haha thank you :P

S.S.SplattersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 16 at 3:16 pm:
I really love the idea that the livivng fight the oncoming season for as many people know sometimes you never want a point in time to end.

BrandybuckTookThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 5 at 3:36 pm:
Very cool, Hanna! I loved the way this poem sounds kind of like a call-to-arms. As you said, this could be interpreted in different ways. But I believe this can apply to anything :)

Aug. 5 at 6:46 pm :
Thank you! Im glad you enjoyed it. Yes, I tried to make the meaning flexibke for other readers. :)

EndermanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 26 at 3:04 pm:
Hanna, I don't know what else to say but "Wow!"  You are an excellent writer!  You have a very rare talent to portray things in such a way that you can make people rethink their whole lives!!  I REALLY love your work and I hope that you continue writing and posting your pieces so that I can read them!!

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 26 at 4:02 pm :
Hanna, once again you'd show'd me you are going to go so far in life with your writing. Your article not only made me want to re-read for hours, it sent chills down my spine. You really do have a rare and beutiful gift and I hope that you never stop writing because like i said before your going to go far. I really liked your flow and your word choice. I liked your use of the words rebellion and revelution and how its with nature and the trunks. Overall, 5/5 stars for an amazing peice of ... (more »)

Jul. 26 at 10:53 pm :
Enderman: It means the world to me that you love my writing so much and that it inspired you to think about yourself. You made my day! :D Luna: Your wonderful feedback is present again; thank you sooo much for taking the time to review my work! And, as mentioned previously, you are also an excellent writer in need of recognition. Dont stop Luna or Enderman and thanks again :)