Trial of Love | Teen Ink

Trial of Love

By Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York
Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York

"What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong." Robin Williams

I look out across the long path set before us. I look at you, and I smile. I kiss your cheek, both because I want you to know that I am doing this for you, but also to reassure myself that you are truly there. It seems so strange… Just a few weeks ago I never would have imagined you existed. But now, there you are. Right in front of me.. I can see every perfection about you. Inside and out. I look into your heart and see that you feel just as I do. That this is real. Excitement and anxiety settle in between us and we exchange a hopeful glance. As we catch eyes we hesitate. Then we smile once again. This path will either make us or break us. Either way we have to go. For standing still will never lead us anywhere. How I was given this chance to walk with you is unknown. Why me? Do I really deserve such wonder and beauty set before me? Questions that will eventually be answered whether I like the result or not. I gaze out across the path once more and I pull her in close. I kiss her cheek. I swallow a small amount of fear and prepare myself because I know that even though this path looks gentle and passive, there will definitely be obstacles and sadly I cant see the ending from this distance, as the path curves softly over the horizon. But as I hold her hand in mine and our fingers entwine, I remember exactly why I’m here. I know that if she is to fall, I will help her stand, and if I do too, she wont leave me behind. One last look shared between us, one last kiss, then we take our first steps into the unknown.

Waistband GOLD said...
Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York

Thanks Kenzico, Ill try to work on it. 

Waistband GOLD said...
Waistband GOLD, Hudson Falls, New York

Thank you Krasota. I appreciate your response, and ive been hearing that on several of my poems lately so Ill start trying to add a little bit of that into them to make it a little more formal haha  

Zolenz DIAMOND said...
Zolenz DIAMOND, Musquodoboit Harbour, NS, Other

The pain that have cost us, the evils which have never happened.
- Thomas Jefferson

This is beautiful. Yeah I second that comment about the line breaks.

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

“If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” –David Letterman

I love the personal feeling that I get from this poem! My only suggestion is to give this poem some line breaks so that it doesn't feel like a fiction piece when one reads it. Otherwise, fabulous work! :D