Airplanes

When i was little

I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky

And ask my father why some stars moved and others didnt

He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes

I still wish on them today

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 4:04 am:
Liv, this is so so so awesome. And that's all I can say for it. This poem moved me. Reminded me of things long forgotten and made me wonder when we stopped being like that and why the heck. because being like that was pure bliss. It was what I'd give anything to be now. Yet, when you're grown up only then you realize what a blessing childhood was. Ah-well. 5 stars on the poem. and its going into my favourites! :))

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 30 at 1:34 pm:
the way you write down about innocence is just admirable. a very enjoyable piece. keep writing!  

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 23 at 10:00 am:
I love it, and the idea that some things, even as small as memories of watching airplanes, endure all the way through childhood. Great work :)

OldYoungOneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 22 at 2:53 pm:
Well seeing there is mostly women on here I can see why there is a great connection to this poem. I love the  playful feeling I get with this small poem. The fact that I is lowercased isn't much of a deal to me because I make typing mistakes all teh time (sometimes my fingers just don't want to co-operate).  But anyway I liked the poem and the image given. Thank you for the read.

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 15 at 4:27 pm:
This is so original. LOVE it. And yeah, it's sooo cute. 5/5 :)

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 13 at 8:19 pm:
Awwww! :D So cute! I love this poem here.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 23 at 5:26 pm:
This would happen to me also when I was young. I love your inspiration by the way. I love that song. (One thing: your first "i" is lowercased unlike the rest. Minor, I know, I know.) Also, I love how the dad explains the misconception to the speaker. Very cute. And how she/he still wishes on these stars. I do too! Sometimes, the real stars are too fickle to notice you. Or they're just not out. Airplanes do just fine. 

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 27 at 1:55 am :
Livy-loo! I miss you! COME BACK. I love this poem, it is so innocent and brings back old memories. The poem is completely ingenius, the way the child asks their father a question that seems so obvious.. which shows how young, innocent, and curious the child is. It reminds me of my little sister, she's so observant and always asks me the silliest questions and I have to remind myself how much younger she is.. but, she also points things out I'd never see, so we teach each other! I think t... (more »)