If Only You Knew How Much I Loved You | Teen Ink

If Only You Knew How Much I Loved You

By DarknessHasFallen GOLD, Broomfield, Colorado
DarknessHasFallen GOLD, Broomfield, Colorado

I'm fine. I just feel like I'm shattered into hundred of little shards of glass and I'm going to hurt everybody who loves me.

I bet you
wonder
about me

I just want to tell you
It takes all I have not to run to you
If only you knew
that I can't say hello without risking another
goodbye

I've been loving you for quite some time
But I think it's time to say
goodbye

I wish I could say stay
but you know it would only cause more pain

Why are you doing this to me? Or am I doing this to myself? God help me! I'm drowning in a pool of tears. I am blinded by the future that will not let me through. Must I stop here? I love you but look at what you have given me. Nothing but fear and loneliness. Why? What have I done to you during my wretched lifetime? Now I guess this is time to say goodbye. If only you had known how much I loved you.

When I was submitting this piece to teen ink my exploded with thoughts and words that at first I couldn't understand but then I remembered the boy that I had to say goodbye to and I thought I had forgotten him. Obviously I hadn't. If only he knew how much I loved him.

on Nov. 9 2013 at 7:33 pm
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

I really see potential... The diction isreally really passionate (as stated above) but I think you could stick more poetic elements into it. That would really give it the finishing touches of a poem. Good job so far, though!

MMOON PLATINUM said...
on Jul. 30 2013 at 4:02 pm
MMOON PLATINUM, Bellingham, Washington

"Sop being afriad of what could go wrong. Start being positive about what could go right"
I also have another "Loving someone is like hugging a cactus. The harder you hold the more it hurts"

I really liked this poem. The diction is beautiful and full of passion. Keep writing because this peom was beautiful!

on Jul. 28 2013 at 2:22 pm
Fallen_ PLATINUM, Quakertown, Pennsylvania

" a shattered world is only an opening into a new beginning with laughs, smiles, and love all around enter the world of the light and away from the broken darkness"

This is really good. I like how you are filled with passion and adding you like " god help me" and " my wretched life" it makes it even more great.