The Paper, the Writer-In A Book

A Paper, the Writer-In a Book
A blank piece of paper is the new authors dream
A fresh new story with the simplest lead
To wish-rather worry no one shall read
The little short story that has one noble stead
Riding and running from page to page
Having no luggage but the prince that he hates
Taking him to someplace
To rescue a woman he can not save
For the prince is far too late
So the author starts off with a cliff
With the horse now dead the prince needs a lift
A trucker stops by with a promising glare
“Come on in, I’ll take you there!”
Over the valley filled by clutter
Not a single word did the newcomer utter
Of course the truck driver did not mind
He drove a slow pace-taking his time
They finally made it to the tower; the princess was finishing taking a shower
Praying for a knock for months and more
At last they ran up to the door
She could no longer handle the wait anymore
The lady had jumped from the tall tower
It seemed to take an entire whole hour
To fall on the vehicle and briskly drive away
Leaving faithless memories to go astray
And still to this very day
The truck driver and prince shall always play
And play and play the world’s most simple game
Of Solitaire,
The writer gravely exclaims “It’s done”
Praying for his first reader to announce “I’m in love”
Shutting the cover and stroking the seams
To only be discouraged because of his dream
Was not exactly what it may seem
The story he told, appeared to happen long ago
But was only an hour hence.
So I say, new writers beware-run away
This business shall only leave you in tears and a life in layaway
Become an Editor instead.

AmericaniumJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 15 at 11:20 pm
I love this poem!

KylineFThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 10 at 10:33 pm
I loved how well this peice flowed!

Shy94 said...
Its cute!!!!!

ForeverMysteryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:26 am
Nice peice of work. Very convincing and the last line is pretty good :)

WhenYouCantSleepAtNightThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 31, 2013 at 9:24 am
I like it (:

LaChouette This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Awesome! I love the fact that it rhymes. Very clever! Nice job!

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The last line of this is really pretty awesome. :P I found myself drawn into the story you described, and occasionally caught off guard with your unexpected details (A prince and a truck driver? Now that is certainly not the cliché I was afraid of). You are super creative, and it shows! :) Great work!

MissExploration said...
Great story within a story. At times I could not follow the Author vs. Editors vs. Journalists, such as who you were focusing on. 

vegangirl0725 said...
This is a great poem, the only problem is that I have trouble following along, (with the writer, editor and Journalist)

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:02 am
I like how its the three parts of writers. Great story it flow'd together perfectly. And sorry to say i'm author all the way ( lol mini rythme there :P)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Really great story. And how the three kinds of writers are in it. And author all the way. 

JoPepper said...
Whenever I finish a story I always feel accomplished because for me it's kind of hard to finish when I start...but this was a really good poem althoug I feel the last line may have disrupted the flow a little...but still I liked it xD

Midnight5765This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 9, 2013 at 11:47 am
This was how it was meant to look; The journalist was the person writing the story, the author was the main characters and the Editior was the man rereading it outloud. The Editor wants to take many parts out but is so tired he just writes his opinion. Thx 4 comments

JoPepper replied...
Aug. 10, 2013 at 11:13 am
Oh okay cool! xD  And you're welcome! xD