Música

Leave me on a dirt road
Straddled by a highway
I will jut my thumb to the sky
In an act of defiance

Lets hope another car stops
With room in their trunk for my suitcase
And a backseat big enough for my sorrow
So you don't have to turn back

And as each car passes
La música streaming from their radios
And their lungs
I know soon your música will come back for me

But right when i hear your sickly sweat sound
My thumb is met with another
And someone pulls me in with a trunk and backseat and an open heart
So i didn't need you after all

And now i can listen to my own música

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 7, 2013 at 4:36 am
hahahhaa, the act of defiance was what made this as awesome as it is. Keep writing liv. And I sure hope the writer's block goes away soon. I think you haven't read my replies cause I told you a lot of stuff on them. It really sucks to be in writer's block especially when we know that your capacities are as amazing as this. Beautiful poem. :)))

Laugh-it-Out This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks and yeah I haven't been on in a looooooooooooooooooong time I kinda just forgot about it. But now I'm bakc and I will start writing for TI and I'm writing slam poetry which is awesome!!! Thanks for still reading my work!!!

Jade.I.Am This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Ughhhhhh, this is AMAZING. And I'm sooo glad it's one of those poems with a happy ending. Great metaphor on relationships, I love it (:

Krasota-Butterflies-and-Angels This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love your "act of defiance." A thumb of protest XD I think you meant to say "sickly sweet sound," but it doesn't matter because this poem is so SASSY and I-DON'T-NEED-YOU-TO-LIVE-MY-LIFE and just awesome. The Spanish in here is so well placed makes that last line have a certain kick to the rear. AWESOME WORK. <3

Hanban12 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Amazing! love how u mended heritage and poetry. The whole concept is great and theres nothing to change. Brilliant work!

Mckay This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm so happy to have inspired you to demonstrate your inner Latina. This is so beautiful. I love the title. This poem for whatever reason reminds me of On the Road, which I love. I'd love to see more of your Spanish poetry. By the way, at your persuasion, I read more Neruda. And even wrote another Spanish poem this 4th of July inspired by his poetry. Wonderful work here. 

dbk1098 said...
This is great! Love the subdle way you incorperate heritage into the poem