Música

Leave me on a dirt road
Straddled by a highway
I will jut my thumb to the sky
In an act of defiance

Lets hope another car stops
With room in their trunk for my suitcase
And a backseat big enough for my sorrow
So you don't have to turn back

And as each car passes
La música streaming from their radios
And their lungs
I know soon your música will come back for me

But right when i hear your sickly sweat sound
My thumb is met with another
And someone pulls me in with a trunk and backseat and an open heart
So i didn't need you after all

And now i can listen to my own música

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 4:36 am:
hahahhaa, the act of defiance was what made this as awesome as it is. Keep writing liv. And I sure hope the writer's block goes away soon. I think you haven't read my replies cause I told you a lot of stuff on them. It really sucks to be in writer's block especially when we know that your capacities are as amazing as this. Beautiful poem. :)))

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 28 at 1:30 pm:
Ughhhhhh, this is AMAZING. And I'm sooo glad it's one of those poems with a happy ending. Great metaphor on relationships, I love it (:

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 13 at 7:31 pm:
I love your "act of defiance." A thumb of protest XD I think you meant to say "sickly sweet sound," but it doesn't matter because this poem is so SASSY and I-DON'T-NEED-YOU-TO-LIVE-MY-LIFE and just awesome. The Spanish in here is so well placed makes that last line have a certain kick to the rear. AWESOME WORK. <3

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 8 at 7:13 pm:
Amazing! love how u mended heritage and poetry. The whole concept is great and theres nothing to change. Brilliant work!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 8 at 6:42 pm:
I'm so happy to have inspired you to demonstrate your inner Latina. This is so beautiful. I love the title. This poem for whatever reason reminds me of On the Road, which I love. I'd love to see more of your Spanish poetry. By the way, at your persuasion, I read more Neruda. And even wrote another Spanish poem this 4th of July inspired by his poetry. Wonderful work here. 

dbk1098This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 7 at 5:42 pm:
This is great! Love the subdle way you incorperate heritage into the poem