I'll Never Know This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

There's a hole in your shirt,
And I can't help but wish
That you'd stretch it out,
And let me see inside you.

Your exterior siding is
Rather deceiving,
And your windows are always curtained.
Knock. Knock.
Nobody ever seems to be home.

Even if I had X-ray vision
and Mind-Reading glasses,
I still wouldn't be able to find you in that mass of muscle,
Behind that mask of mystery.
I'd proceed to fumble around inside you,
Hitting the metallic linings,
Making the buzzer sound,
Just like Operation.

But maybe it's the fact that
There's nothing to be figured out
Or everything to be discovered,
That makes me want to know.

That microscopic hole on your shoulder
Is the portal to my dreams,
The key to my curiosity,
But you'll never let me inside,
Because that's your favorite shirt.

Godinspiresher43This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 26 at 8:45 pm
I disagree. I thought the ending was perfect. Really. :) This poem is so creative! You're thoughts are perfectly organized andclear and your poem was super fun to read and think about.  This is one of the best poems I've read here so far. Great job for getting in the magazine. This for sure deserved it. 

MadelineSwift said...
I like the entirety of the poem. I do think the end is a bit anti climactic. The first four lines of the last stanza are very powerful but the last is not as strong.

alihadley14 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:24 am
I appreciate your criticism but the last line was intended to be written that way to convey a sense of hopelessness and pessimism. There wasnt supposed to be a grand finale, if you get what I'm saying.

MadelineSwift replied...
Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:25 am
Yes I understand! Thank you!

Alani said...
This is sweet, I truly love it.