brown This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

it's strange because i never liked the color
brown, but as i gaze into your eyes, i can't help but fall irrevocably
in love with the creamy, smooth, rich color
of mocha coffee, and i hesitate in
turning away
from you, because i don't know
if i can function completely without
the caffeine that is your eyes

countrygirl28This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 23 at 10:24 pm
I got chills reading this! Your poem is incrediby spectacular.

AnyuhhhhThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 17 at 10:57 am
I loved this metaphor with the brown eyes and the coffee! It was a really great poem, but I would suggest maybe adding on to this or making it longer because it is really interesting and I would like to see more of your work.

Ellie411 said...
Oct. 26 at 3:43 am
This is absolutely gorgeous. Well done!

ZaraclaylimeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sep. 29 at 9:29 pm
Holy cow beautiful

Rosie630 said...
Sep. 18 at 8:29 am
I love this, how the color brown relates to their eyes and coffee throughout, like a big metaphor! Great job.

Ayushi18 said...
Aug. 19 at 7:47 am
my Indian friend, this touches to deep bottom in my heart....when u detest something but gradually fall in for it...

TheCometThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 31 at 11:43 am
:D your poem was so cool ;) you truly have a talent. and I certainly know how you feel ;) I liked the detail and the way you created pictures in the reader's mind so everyone would somehow see what you saw. I loved your poem it definitly deserves a 5 stars rating :D keep up the great work

elycavillThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 8 at 3:28 pm
I love all the comparations and you have got a talent! Keep up the with your work :)

mereCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 30 at 10:07 am
Pretty damn incredible!

_Zavery_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 20 at 1:43 pm
The last line is especially powerful and moving, good work!

BeanzoinalinThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 4 at 2:07 pm
That last line is so moving... You are a really good writer!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm hating this site right now. Until today after months, I finally saw that you had posted in my forum requesting feedback. So sorry that your post didn't appear at first. For this poem being your first piece, I must say that it's incredible. I love the concept of it. As a brown-eyed person, I couldn't agree anymore. I love how you detailed the eyes of this lover. You didn't just say yeah you got great eyes. You went into lyrical details showing why this person's eyes ar... (more »)

rachelmuschett This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Really paints a picture! Love the poem and the way in which you described the eyes and its color in such a little bit amount of words! 4/5.

Avery_S said...
Beautiful poem! Completely warms my soul.

frnbanan56 said...
I love it so much! I hope you get a lot of stars and comments :)

hazeleyes8 said...
wow this is beautiful!

Maya said...
Beautiful poem! Xoxo

laurennnnn said...
this is amazing :')

TheShainTrain said...
Oh my gosh, this is so amazing. I want this painted on my bedroom wall. Good work.

Willowin said...
Jul. 7, 2013 at 5:40 am
Wow, that was beautiful!!