brown This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

it's strange because i never liked the color
brown, but as i gaze into your eyes, i can't help but fall irrevocably
in love with the creamy, smooth, rich color
of mocha coffee, and i hesitate in
turning away
from you, because i don't know
if i can function completely without
the caffeine that is your eyes

CloBeauThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 10:41 pm
It's a light and fun piece! When reading the first few lines i was thinking "hmm slightly cheesy?" but then i read on and found that the way you use it makes it really cute, free and funny :)

Temma S. said...
yesterday at 11:17 pm
Short, sweet, simple. Yet so relatable and effective. I love the extended metaphor of coffee.

Priyaaaaaa said...
Feb. 25 at 6:14 am
This evokes a feeling that we've slll felt--the desire to see nothing but that one person because it gives us nothing but joy.

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 25 at 10:34 pm
Hey! I love the reference to coffee. Yum. I also find it interesting that you lack capitalization. Is this purposeful, or it because you're in that awkward situation where you accidentally press "A" instead of the shift button, so you just don't capitalize? The spacing is also pretty cool. Congratulations on being on the front page and getting published! I'll look for your poem in the mag.

NoniDoniThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 19 at 12:49 pm
Thought provoking! I enjoyed reading it! post comments and check out my work!

moonlitashes said...
Jan. 12 at 10:44 pm
your poem is so creative! every line ties in together perfectly

xxSaintNikkixx13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 5 at 8:10 pm
This was so great! I especially loved the last line two lines, "if i can function completely without the caffeine that is your eyes", it really tied the whole thing together. Beautiful!

Writing.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It was pretty good :)

Paakhi said...
Dec. 24, 2014 at 6:57 am
Wowwwww....so good.

countrygirl28This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I got chills reading this! Your poem is incrediby spectacular.

AnyuhhhhThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 17, 2014 at 10:57 am
I loved this metaphor with the brown eyes and the coffee! It was a really great poem, but I would suggest maybe adding on to this or making it longer because it is really interesting and I would like to see more of your work.

Ellie411 said...
Oct. 26, 2014 at 3:43 am
This is absolutely gorgeous. Well done!

ZaraclaylimeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Holy cow beautiful

Rosie630This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 18, 2014 at 8:29 am
I love this, how the color brown relates to their eyes and coffee throughout, like a big metaphor! Great job.

Ayushi18 said...
Aug. 19, 2014 at 7:47 am
my Indian friend, this touches to deep bottom in my heart....when u detest something but gradually fall in for it...

TheCometThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:43 am
:D your poem was so cool ;) you truly have a talent. and I certainly know how you feel ;) I liked the detail and the way you created pictures in the reader's mind so everyone would somehow see what you saw. I loved your poem it definitly deserves a 5 stars rating :D keep up the great work

elycavillThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love all the comparations and you have got a talent! Keep up the with your work :)

mereCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 30, 2014 at 10:07 am
Pretty damn incredible!

_Zavery_ said...
The last line is especially powerful and moving, good work!

Beanzoinalin replied...
That last line is so moving... You are a really good writer!