brown This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

it's strange because i never liked the color
brown, but as i gaze into your eyes, i can't help but fall irrevocably
in love with the creamy, smooth, rich color
of mocha coffee, and i hesitate in
turning away
from you, because i don't know
if i can function completely without
the caffeine that is your eyes

Izzy777This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 24, 2015 at 9:02 am
VERY FREAKING CREATIVE!!! LOVE IT

darkrose97 said...
This is truly beautiful

Benfigueroa said...
May 28, 2015 at 11:44 am
DAMN!! get'em that's what im talking about, love this piece of art !

beAWESOMEstayAWESOME said...
o my gosh I have brown eyes too! This made me feel special :) AMAZING poem btw. #ifeelspecial

CloBeau This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It's a light and fun piece! When reading the first few lines i was thinking "hmm slightly cheesy?" but then i read on and found that the way you use it makes it really cute, free and funny :)

Temma S. said...
Short, sweet, simple. Yet so relatable and effective. I love the extended metaphor of coffee.

Priyaaaaaa said...
Feb. 25, 2015 at 6:14 am
This evokes a feeling that we've slll felt--the desire to see nothing but that one person because it gives us nothing but joy.

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Hey! I love the reference to coffee. Yum. I also find it interesting that you lack capitalization. Is this purposeful, or it because you're in that awkward situation where you accidentally press "A" instead of the shift button, so you just don't capitalize? The spacing is also pretty cool. Congratulations on being on the front page and getting published! I'll look for your poem in the mag.

NoniDoni said...
Thought provoking! I enjoyed reading it! post comments and check out my work!

moonlitashes said...
your poem is so creative! every line ties in together perfectly

xxSaintNikkixx13 said...
This was so great! I especially loved the last line two lines, "if i can function completely without the caffeine that is your eyes", it really tied the whole thing together. Beautiful!

Writing. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It was pretty good :)

Paakhi said...
Dec. 24, 2014 at 6:57 am
Wowwwww....so good.

countrygirl28 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I got chills reading this! Your poem is incrediby spectacular.

Anyuhhhh said...
Nov. 17, 2014 at 10:57 am
I loved this metaphor with the brown eyes and the coffee! It was a really great poem, but I would suggest maybe adding on to this or making it longer because it is really interesting and I would like to see more of your work.

Ellie411 said...
Oct. 26, 2014 at 3:43 am
This is absolutely gorgeous. Well done!

Zaraclaylime This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Holy cow beautiful

Rosie630 said...
Sept. 18, 2014 at 8:29 am
I love this, how the color brown relates to their eyes and coffee throughout, like a big metaphor! Great job.

Ayushi18 said...
Aug. 19, 2014 at 7:47 am
my Indian friend, this touches to deep bottom in my heart....when u detest something but gradually fall in for it...

TheComet said...
Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:43 am
:D your poem was so cool ;) you truly have a talent. and I certainly know how you feel ;) I liked the detail and the way you created pictures in the reader's mind so everyone would somehow see what you saw. I loved your poem it definitly deserves a 5 stars rating :D keep up the great work