Hearts

A card of hearts,
a big red bow,
a little sprig
of mistletoe.
A basket of flowers
I’ve picked for hours,
all because of you.

A bottle of paste,
some stickers and lace,
is all I need to make a
card to say:
“Will you be my valentine?”
‘cause I’ll be yours if
you’ll be mine,
until the end of time.

So happy Valentines to all,
to share the love we give
today and forever more,
as long as we live.

LitttleMissSunshine said...
very pretty..I like the rhythym and the topic was very blunt and i love that

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is wonderful and the rhyme scheme flows naturally and evenly. Your use of words is extraordinary and the theme speaks reality. Great job!

BlottedInk replied...
believe it or not, i wrote this when i was eight! I was rooting through my old writing stacks for stuff to submit, and with a little grammar editing, volia! :) glad you like it

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey there! Great title, it could have stood for anything, to be honest I thought this was going to be completely different, but I am glad it went this was. I love to read poems about holidays as I don't come across them very often. I think the flow was nicely done as well as the rhyming. I enjoyed the simplicty of the poem also, when it comes to Valentine's Day people really over-do it sometimes, so I enjoyed the simplicty as it kind of down-graded it. Cause you should show you love some... (more »)

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
glad it went this way* sorry!

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i loveeee the rhthym here. i say that a lot but to be honest, it just flows so beautifully. the first verse especially, it just rolls off your tongue and sets the vibe for the rest of the poem. fantasticcc

IlovemeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
two words- love it

BlottedInk replied...
wow thanks :)