Because We Love

When I meet my Maker
I'll realize why
I call Him
"Father"
As all of nature points back to this divine
Relationship,
When a mother holds her newborn for
The first time,
Holds life itself and just for a moment
Plays God,
A delicate soul balanced in the palm of
Her loving hands,
Dependent
On her
For survival, and so then I know
How it must feel
For my Father to do the same,
To know
The hardships and evil and heartbreak that will
Most likely
Come my way,
And to choose life for me anyways,
Because
That's just how a parent loves his
Daughter,
And maybe that's selfish,
But
Who are we to judge,
Until we take that step ourselves,
And hold
A life
In the balance, and to choose
To let a
Child
Survive in this treacherous world,
Just
Simply
Because we
Love?

AthenaMarisaDeterminedbyFateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
To be perfectly frank, I am without words. Mostly. This is so, beautiful and so well-thought and the concept of love is so mysterious and you've written a love poem that isn't cheesy and congratulations! LOVE THIS!

Uga10 said...
Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:42 am
I love this, you are a great writer.

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Gosh, I am running out of things to say here XD I love how you make me think really hard. And you're so much more mature than a normal teenager to be if you're truly putting this stuff to words because it's just magnificent and thought-provoking. Wow.

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aww XD thank you! :D i try, i try........you wouldn't know by chatting with me, would you? :P thanks for always reading my stuff, you're just like, so awesome O:

Kait-chan_DreamsOfGold said...
I can tell that this was well thought out, Callie, and I am surprised I am the first to comment on this... Beauty sometimes eludes us when we're writing, but you've found something that is so common, the birth of a child, and put it into lovely, faithful words. The only thing that got me was: The work seems fragmented, words displaced below others. It makes me pause for a second, when I know I'm not supposed to... Otherwise, this was a lovely piece, and I am happy to have read it. Th... (more »)

Thank you so muchhhhh i love you forever :DD haha i appreciate the feedback XD