Regret

Your rare visit was something treasured
Something thought about
Dreamed about
For hours upon end
But when you came, you came with secrets
Lies and pain
And I took it all, just watch—
I walked up a hill called Regret
And I took it in my arms, tight
And flung it all off a jagged cliff,
Watching it chase away in the wind, or crash on the waiting waves
In a mocking imitation
Of the dreamer i used to be
And the old romanticism of
yesterday.

MissExplorationThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I liked your description of what regret was, and then finally said it in the middle of your poem. Great description. 

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:48 am:
this is really fantastic. i love the imagery and how this makes me think.

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:02 pm:
This is amazing! I wish I had something more specific than that to tell you, but man! It's just really beautiful and powerful and inspiring and, well, my gosh!

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:12 am:
you seem to have a very powerful writing style I'd like to learn something from. Good work, thought-provoking.

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:46 pm :
thank you! :D

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:41 pm:
I love the "old romanticism of yesterday." What a beautiful line to ponder on. I picture someone heavy-ladened just leaning over a cliff and sadly watching the waves crash below. Another amazing piece! :D

Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:07 pm :
Haha, it's actually supposed to be a poem about new beginnings. Like, she's flinging everything she regrets off of the "cliff". But I guess I didn't convey that very well. Thanks for liking it! :D