The Comfort of Cold This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

physical affection is
my least favorite
language.
because who actually
loves being in a tangle
of blankets and bony
elbows, someone's
knee always pressed
into your back.
why ruin the comfort
of space
by adding another
body to take up
the vacancy that was
once yours?

411Ellie_ This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 13 at 12:48 pm:
Wow. I'm speechless! I love the nonconformist tone of this piece! 5/5 (as usual) :D

411Ellie_ This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 13 at 12:50 pm :
I am in love with this poem. Do you mind if I post it on Tumblr? I'll give you all the credit, of course. It would be a great way to get exposure =)

paigeswifkaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 15 at 11:07 am :
I would actually prefer if you didn't. Posting on Tumblr opens up many opportunities to be recognized, but it also has the risk of being plagiarized by anyone. Thank you, but I prefer to keep my work on Teen Ink.

KylieV This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Your word choice in this poem was exellent. It's almost like I can actually feel those bony elbows and knees in my back. The imagery of being comforted by personal space is great: "Why ruin the comfort of space by adding another body to take up the vacancy that was once yours?" Great poem, Paige!

xelawriter97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:21 pm:
I'm incredibly in love with this. It makes love seem like a terrible thing. Like we can only find comfort when we aren't in love.