Dangerous Dancing | Teen Ink

Dangerous Dancing

By Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana
Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

We wear a mask for every
Occasion,
And our outfits are just as dastardly
Handsome,
Compelling the whole world to
Stop
And stare,
As we shift among the other dancers
In this
Temporal ball
The music playing never
Changes,
But we dance to different rhythms,
Playing
In our heads, our own fancies,
Because
Life is what you make of it
Not
This step-by-step tango
That insists
We learn how to do it their way
And that's why
They
Stare,
And that's why it's so important to wear
The masks
Because they'd hang
A girl
For that,
And they'd do it to you
Out of
Spite.

on Jul. 6 2013 at 4:51 am
thatunknownthing DIAMOND, Dubai, Other

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift; that's why they call it the present"

Beautiful. you've done a great job, with an amazing sense and fluency to the message! :)

UniquePerspective SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

"The most pathetic thing in the world is to see, and yet have no vision." - Hellen Keller
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss (Theodore Giesel)

I love the extended metaphor and pyschology of it. You took something we all do and addeda great depth to it. Bravo!

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

― Charles Bukowski

You too, gosh i just appreciate you guys so much DX i am in debted for all your wonderful feeback :P you have an AMAZING AWE-INSPIRING day!! :D

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

“If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” –David Letterman

Graceful and unique XD and now I wanna bellydance! :P This poem is so true, too. I agree with Saphira; the last few lines were priceless. You have such a skill with writing. Never give up writing and have a lovely day!

on Jun. 28 2013 at 7:52 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

I love it how this wasn't just about dancing, and you transformed it and you fused two things toegther to form such a philosophical piece. Great. The last few lines, they were especially breath-taking! 

Gwen_Elizabeth BRONZE, Fishers, Indiana

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.”
-Dr. Seuss

OMG girl this is sooooo goooood! love the comparison! this is so flawless & fluent it's...truly a masterpeice! LOVE IT! <3 :D