Perfected Fragment This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

She watched him out of the corner of her eye.
She memorized the curve of his lip, the dimples that appeared when he smiled.
A joke was made.
She soaked in his laughter,
drowned in the twinkle of his eye.
His features alone, she mused, were less than perfect.
But he was this mosaic:
those fragmented shards of humor and compassion glued seamlessly
to confusion and self doubt-
His frailty inseparable from his vividness.
He laughed again and she sighed.
His humanity was breathtaking.

Godinspiresher43This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 10:56 pm:
This is a beautiful beautiful poem! You are a fantastic writer. I really like your work. The imagery and your vocabulary was perfect. :) Keep up your awesome work.

GraphicWriter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:48 pm:
"..he was this mosaic" - I love that line. The personification of so many little, usually forgotten things that morph together to make something beautiful that lets all those little pieces shine. This is beautiful, creative, and awesome. It felt like I could see the mosaic being made, and I just wanted to reach out and touch it, but didn't want to becuase I was afraid to break it. Very captivating.

AveryJewellThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:13 pm :
Thank you so much!!! I'm glad someone else understood what I was trying to convey :)

Charlize_Marie said...
Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:40 pm:
You could not have chosen a more appropriate title for this poem! I think this is very relevant to many of your readers. I am also a huge fan of ending lines so when you said "His humanity was breathtaking," that just tied the whole poem up with a pretty bow tie. I love it!

Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:02 pm :
Thanks! Means a lot :)

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 27, 2013 at 6:10 am:
How is it that no one has commented on this piece? I absolutely adore this work---and the title was perfect!

Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:02 pm :
Thank you so much!