Beat My Heart

A guilty
Dirty soul
You are.

The ground
It beats
And pounds.

Through cracks
Does plasma
Seep out.

Colors of
Greens and
Hues on fire.

Your feet
They stumble
They fall.

Arms do
Reach up
And embrace.

Do you
Understand or
Comprehend it?

The meaning
I show
To you.

I open
Up to
Welcome you.

I wait
For you
To break.

Till the
Ground pulses
And drops.

Giving you
To me-
A gift.

The balance
Between eternity
And never.

freepersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i think its a demon, waiting for someones heart to break, but tell me if im wrong:)  

GraphicWriter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Well that's just it, I can't tell you if you're wrong, but I see how you would interpret that and it's pretty awesome- thanks(:

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:57 am
I love the short lines in this! You were able to get such a powerful meaning across, and the way it was written really forced me to read slowly, taking it in. Again, it is a beautiful style! The first stanza grabbed me right from the beginning, yet you somehow managed to twist things around at the very end. It is so great to read work where the very structure of the poem mimics the meaning, such as your conflict between the first and last stanza (accusation turned to…hope? Perhaps?). Excellent... (more »)

Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:36 am
I love how you got that the accusation turns to hope, I didn't think many would. Thank you, so much(:

cowgirl4everThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Your good at free verse. I'm not sure I get the meaning of this, but I'm wondering, is the meaning the feeling that your heart will break? From guilt? I wish I could write free verse like this!

Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:57 am
I was attempting to metaphorically use the heart as the ground we walk on, or one person walks on. And that one person has the connection with the ground (heart) that it belongs to another person and those people are connected. The one walking and running on the ground and cracks is trying to escape the other; like we change and develop and try to keep all those pieces that are of ourselves and not let them escape, like the internal struggle that hones to all of us.