wesley

trying to explain why I am suddenly
terrified
for the invincible
the brave
the people like you who are unlimited in every way,
the people who know things and do things and are only
afraid
of being wrong.
you are alive and I am sure you will wake up soon
I am sure you will heal
and eventually you will be driven-
not drive-
not for a long long time-
down to where I am and the home
of others who know you much better and have loved you much longer
than I have.
and though I am crippled with worry I promise I will not let you see
I will be the statue they erect
in honour of your reckless heart
and though I'll want to weep and keen and tear my hair out instead
I will paint this hometown of yours red
and green like the colours of growing.

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 27 at 8:28 pm:
The idiot was going ninety in a fifty-five zone two weeks ago. I spent a whole week cff and not being able to function I was so worried. I feel like this was the first time in a looong time I haveever actually BEEN worried. Usually I'm an a*s about these things. But yeah. He doesn't need people to cry for him. He needs people to be there for him when he gets home and to recognize that, hell yeah,  the crash happened and it was bad, but he's still a reckless freak, now let's ... (more »)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 8:12 pm :
Same here. I'm a sentamentalist but not an emotional-ist. I've stopped worrying over people. Especially when they kinda bring their own consequences. I'm happy to hear he's alive, more than anything else. I noticed that you were absent from Teenink. And I was like, well so much for another one literary friends on this site. But I'm happy you're back. And I do hope your friend is ok. And AMEN on the motto. 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 26 at 5:48 pm:
This pains me to read. I'm assuming one of your friends was in a car accident. I feel your pain and worry for this person. I've never been through this, so I can't say I know what you're going through. But I do know what worry is for someone you love so much. I do hope your friend gets better. I love how you describe him as limitless. And the last two lines were touching. "I will pain this hometown of yours red/ and green like the colours of growing." I hope everything ... (more »)