Puddle vs. Hob (Love)

Ikhras, I tell you-shut up.
But that doesn’t stop the flow of hate
From dribbling down the corners of your mouth.
Your angry words are left in a puddle at my feet,
Waiting to make me slip.
Waiting for me to fall.
Ya habibi, my darling, you should know better:
I’m stronger than that.
Even through my tears,
I will leap over this puddle of abhorrence.
I will clamp a hand over your fuming mouth,
Stemming the steady drip-drop of those piercing sentences,
Impeding your fountain of rants from gushing any longer.
And I will mop up that puddle
With hob.
With love.

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 8:20 pm:
I wasn't gonna click on this cuz I thought the title was a little strange (I expected something about anime for some reason) but maybe that's also why I did—it made me curious. (Now I know it's just another language :P) I think it's really cool how you infused that part of you into the poem, and the poem itself is just beautiful, in a frightening way XD. Your imagery is always amazing, makes meh jealous :P 5/5, as usual.

Krasota-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 8:28 pm :
Thank you! :P Yeah it was my first language (before my dad stop teaching it to me so that I'd learn English). XD Your writing's the one that makes me jealous (in a good way)! <3

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 1 at 8:30 am:
what a mumtaz poem (that could be wrong grammar)! I liked your vivid figures of speech; totally creative! But what is Ikhras supposed to mean on the first line- a  name?

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 4 at 12:00 pm :
Shukran! I'm not sure what the word for "shut up" is in Dubai (as it says that's where you live on your homepage), but in Jordan, it's ikhras (maybe I'm spelling the English phoenetics wrong?). I translated each Arabic word into English soon afterwards as to not confuse the non-Middle Eastern readers. But thank you so much for your comment, it really means a lot! :D Have a good day!

HazelGraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 30 at 9:05 pm:
Oh gosh. Word choice 10/10 metaphors were great gahhh this is fab

Jul. 4 at 12:02 pm :
Thanks, HazelGrace! :D