Innocence

Innocence-
What defines it?
How do we lose it?
Do we lose it?
Is it taken away?

Innocence-
Does it disappear like a magic trick?
Does it break out and fly away?
Does it fade from day to day?

Innocence-
As the days fly by
The nameless faces and places
We get stuck between the definitions
Of you and I.

Innocence-
Do we wrap it up
In a little box
With a red ribbon
To tie it together
And give away
To a smaller piece of ourselves
Later in life?

Innocence-
We rebel in ways
To define who we are
What we mean
What we will leave behind.

Innocence-
We lose it in stages
Not all at once
To be virgins in different senses
To light them all on fire
We become all in one.

cowgirl4ever said...
today at 7:05 pm:
I like the freestyle of this poem. I think you did what you wanted to, you made people think:) I like writings like that. 

mrsmusicforlifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 24 at 11:23 am:
I love how this poem is sort of questioning what innocence is. Its very unique and amazing! Good job!(:

GraphicWriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 24 at 2:09 pm :
Thank you, I was really going for questioning innocence and how we lose it or gain it, I guess. Thank you.

RolledthestoneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 25 at 2:59 pm :
Real interesting. Liked this theme much much better. Very unique + smart question. I've never really thought about that. M gonna add to favs.

yesterday at 12:35 am :
Hey thanks, I like to invoke others to think, and I'm glad you liked it so much!(: