Poem for the World This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The world holds us
in the deep hollow
of her smooth palm
like silvery ethereal
dust motes;
suddenly
she sneezes,
blowing us away
onto the floor,
then crushes us
with her
stiletto
as if we were
expendable cockroaches
Crunch!

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Congratulations, yoooouuuu! :) :) Very proud.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:15 pm :
Being published, being congratulated by my amazing friends (literary siblings, contemporaries), and being told that they're proud of me—what more could I ask for? Thank you so much. :) :) 

LaChouette This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I don't want to be a dust mote! It's scary, but I feel like it's true. Anyway, this is a great poem. A lot of things i've read about Mother Nature are about how she's sweet, kind, and caring and all those other soft, gentle words. This really packs a punch! And I like it! It's a real wake- up call. The originality in this is awesome. Great Job!

Oct. 4, 2013 at 5:04 pm :
Yes, a real twist from what we've all heard. Glad you liked it and that it scared you in a way. Thank you, LaChouette. 

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:21 pm:
More like "Poem that makes me fear Mother Nature" - but in a good way. A delightfully dark poem, good job.

Aug. 1, 2013 at 5:54 pm :
Yes, it probably should be. Thank you. 

thatunknownthing said...
Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:26 am:
crunch? cool. I liked this, I wanna meet earth now! :P

Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:52 pm :
Most people would fear the earth after reading this. I guess we're not all the same. Maybe one day you will meet her. Hey, she might not be a bad person after all. She's probably misunderstood as we all are. Thanks. 

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:49 pm:
RED STILETTOS! Okay so my best friend and I have this thing where we pretend that his secret weapon is a poisonous red stiletto and that was the first thing that popped in my head when I read this..anyways AWESOME JOB and I HATE COCKROACHES and DARN YOU EARTH.

Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:51 pm :
YES! RED STILETTOS. Or black with red soles. Don't ask me how I know. Lot of day time talk shows. But yeah, that's what the earth wears all day and night. Worse thing, she doesn't get blisters. She's a pro. Thanks, Krasota for the feedback. 

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:34 pm :
LOL. XD no problem

Sept. 10, 2013 at 1:06 pm :
Thanks. ^u^

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:27 pm :
Hey, congrats on getting this poem in the magazine, btw XDD

Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:13 pm :
Thank you so much! XDD

Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:58 pm:
She's sexy all right, but boy, is she a fickle one. I love the stiletto imagery. So perfect. Kind of want to put myself in a situation in which I could take a picture of a cockroach getting crushed. JUST FOR YOU <3 Except Alaska is (wonderfully) cockroach-free. I'll keep my eye out just in case ;) Good work as always, my literary pal :))

Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:38 pm :
Thank you, as always. The earth is s*xy. And fickle. Like all s*xy people sometimes. -_- Or so I've heard. JK. The stiletto imagery, I just felt had to be there. I remember you saying the earth is s*xy, so I thought, well then she must wear stilettos. And thank you for wanting to take such a picture. I'm honored. And you're lucky Alaska is cockroach-free. Virginia isn't. But my mom's a neat-freak so I haven't seen one in years. At least not in my house. Thanks again, lite... (more »)

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:11 pm:
Haha I love this and i can definitly relate! Just the other day there was a cockroach lazily creeping across my floor. Nasty! I love the character displayed in here and your descriptions are beautiful. And please tel me your secret for getting red checks!! It's like they follow you!! Haha no, I know that you are an exceptional writer and if i have learned anything while on this site its that some people here, ate capable of being super writer stars! I mean when I first read your work, Mckay, i w... (more »)

Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:18 pm :
Thank you, Liv. Wow, the irony in you seeing a roach. This poem has kinda a funny yet sad back-story. I had been feeling betrayed during the morning and afternoon on Friday. This one that just passed. My family and I went out to a club warehouse to but food. And I was using to Word program on one of the laptof dislplays. And remembering how MyApocalytic writes plenty of poems about the earth to which she refers as a s*xy lady. But I felt angered by the earth. Then, I had an epiphany of the earth... (more »)

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:24 pm :
Tell your brother to hurry up and read it!!! I want to read it soooooooooooo badly its inconceivable. I would be divergent if i lived in their society. I just know it. I am not to afraid of many things and i LOVE THRILLS. I am pretty smart so that's erudite and amity cuz i love nature so much. What do you think you are? I would probably pick dauntless. I think (this is going to be really random but..) my theme song if i had one would be radioactive by imagine dragons. Or shake it out haha Floren... (more »)

Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:33 pm :
I will definitely let you know when I read it. And yes, I do email quiet a few people from Teenink. I mean, I wanna be able to keep in touch with most of the people here. Otherwise, I think we'd might all forget each other in the future. And I think I'd be divergent too. Not cuz everyone says they would be. But sometimes I can be fearless. I love to read and learnd new things. And sometimes, I'll tell people the truth straight up in their faces...when I'm mad. Though, I hate to a... (more »)