if i were with you

why do these endless miles
of asphalt rest between
you and me?
why do the eons of void
stubbornly separate us?
you are the sun
and i the moon—
but the expanse of light years
bound me from
your golden rays—
your warmth—
you

if just for once
we could embrace—
feeling your warmth
drowning myself with
your aroma—
body-wash and detergent—
my fingers tangled
in your golden hair
and your fingers
crawling down my spine—
without ever speaking a word
your dimples and your smile
would say it all
then for once
i’d know truly
what joy can be

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 29 at 8:02 pm:
Awesome pic, btw.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 2 at 2:57 pm :
Thanks. I thought so too. 

Jun. 29 at 8:00 pm:
*sigh* yes. I feel this way because my boyfriend and I just got separated from each other after five days together at a camp and about eight hours each day in each other's presence. And now I miss not being able to say good morning and good night to him in person and it stinks pretty badly. I just wanna thank you because I can relate to a lot of poems that you write and it feels amazing when I'm like, "Oh yeah, that happened to me, too!" Just thank you for writing and please do... (more »)

Jul. 2 at 3:17 pm :
At your persuasion, I will not cease to write. If one person can relate to my work so much so, then I do have a purpose in writing. Thank you for making me feel that way. And DON'T YOU CEASE TO WRITE EITHER. *hugs Krasota* I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend. Or ex? I dunno. Either way, I guess we're single twinsies. Here's to single life. Thanks. 

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 4 at 1:31 pm :
*hugs back* He's still my bf, I just don't see him half as much anymore. I guess I shouldn't complain since I'm lucky to still have him in my life (especially after I've told him so much about my past and such). But anyways, YOU ARE SO WELCOME! :D

today at 4:00 pm :
Hurray! I'm so relieved you're still together. I wish you luck. "Everything'll be all right Mañana." You'll see. 

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 25 at 1:04 pm:
Blueboy. Blueboy was a long-distance thing. So I relate to this a lot. Beautiful emotion in this poem. Favourite line has to be the "expanse of light years".. you know I'm a sucker for light years, haha :) And, hey, no shame in writing to no-one. As long as it's FOR something.. if that makes sense. Write for a feeling. Write for a place. Write for yourself, and even to yourself, for god's sake. Plenty of my poetry is for nobodies. More than you would believe. What matters i... (more »)

Jun. 28 at 7:51 pm :
You could tell I felt strongly about this person...or nobody? I'm glad our poems can relate to each other. And yeah, most of my poems are about nobody. I don't regret writing this piece or any other one that I wrote for this non-existent person. It kind of opened me up. And your advice will always stick with me. I try to follow as much as I can whenever I'm writing something. Thank you for that advice; I'll always treasure it. And thank you for your feedback. I always appreciate ... (more »)

NiquelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 23 at 10:01 pm:
Wow...stuff like this remind me that I want to be a writer. I want to impact people with my words, too...

Jun. 24 at 5:42 pm :
I'm flatter that I could have such an impact on you like that. I've read one of your poem up till now. And it impacted me. And always write. Words are powerful, when used correctly. And thank you, Niquel. 

HemingwaysDaughter said...
Jun. 23 at 8:10 am:
ohh my gosh, it's quite sad, how well i cam relate to this..

Jun. 24 at 5:38 pm :
Hey, long time no see. Thank you for relating to this. It's sad. But what can we do? :)

Mabelmac said...
Jun. 22 at 7:05 pm:
This is really good!

Jun. 24 at 5:38 pm :
Thank you, Mabelmac. ^u^