Graduation

Long, milky fingers wave at

saddened smiles

And tears laced with black, drip down

painted faces

This is our goodbye
This is our farewell

A thundering sky spits acid at us
and it's melancholy rays melt in with my own bleak acid

protruding from my swollen, red eyes

Heavy feet pound hot pavement

each sound resounding in departure

Camera flashes and video tapes rolling
memories soon to be forgotten

But I will never forget
For each tear I cry
And "I love you" is said
For each step away
A new pathway ahead.
Goodbye.

Angel_B said...
wow this really made me want to cry because it made me remember how i felt on my graduation, This is an awesome poem

Mr.DedicatedDetermination said...
Wish I could relate to the feeling. 1 more year to go! I could feel the emotion. another great poem :)

Court901 said...
Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:35 am
I felt every word you wrote. I recently graduated as well so I know exactly what you're talking about. Great way of putting all those feelings.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:38 am
Ah, Liv! Remarkable. Though I have not graduated yet, I cannot completely understand the sense in which you meant for it to be. Saying I can would be unjust. Yet I can relate to it in a very different way. You see, I've  been moving every two years ever since I was born, my Dad being an army doctor, we move and move and now it's as if that's a part of life, as people would say, moving ever so many times would have made me immune to the pain every move accompanies, yet I must wit... (more »)

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks Dua. That really means a lot that you can relate to my poem. Wow an army doctor! I have never moved houses i have moved schools and its terrible but you eventually get used to it. I guess in your case its a little different. Well, my condolences for you having to move so much. Thanks for our feedback and story. It's great that you can relate and i can learn more about you! But I know that you seem like the kinda person that could rock hose schools! With much love, Olivia. Keep rockin Dua

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks for the sympathy :D And You're welcome. i always LOVE to read your stuff Livy-loo! hahaha, maybe.... I think the first year I'm basically very reserved--too much as in... and then when I finally get settled, it is time to leave ...Ah well ...

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey Liv! I miss you! The emotion in here is very expressionistic. While this is about graduating, I can relate on another level as far as moving away and it is very difficult to say goodbye. This felt really natural and real. And I know how you feel about this from what we've talked about, but reading this poem made it more personal. But, I've told you plenty of times that you're going to do great wherever you go and this was a step, though difficult, to your path, as you said. I rea... (more »)

Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:58 am
Lexus! I miss you too! Thank you for your amazing feedback! You did move right? Was it from Alabama to New Mexico? I can't remeber. Thanks for relating to this poem it means so much and as far as my new school is, i will keep you posted :) thanks again and keep rockin

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love this poem. Especially the feeling of letting go yet at the same time describing the feeling of new hope of the unexpected future. I'm at this stage right now, where I officially graduated high school. So I know what this is like. That feeling of having to let go. I love the imagery you used. "milky fingers"—it conveys sadness that the poem is asking for. Well done, Sistah. Keep writing and rocking as you always tell me, even in the midst of much sadness. I wish you wel... (more »)

Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:53 am
Mckay, Mckay, Mckay, thank you endlessly for all the wonderful feedback you have given me these past few months. And congrats on graduating high school!! Are you going to be a poet? Because if you are I want autographed copies of everything. :) thank you again and keep rockin

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I dunno where Life will take me. But I will write, even if no one likes my writing. And you can have autographed copies of my work(s), assuming I do become a writer. And the favor must be returned. You're an amazing writer too. You must sign your work for me. ^u^

Will do! You know last night i had a dream that we met in Wyoming of all places and we went skiing. It was awesome. Haha sorry that was random. We should have book signing parties together in addition to our movie parties and Florence parties. Shake it out Mckay :)

Wyoming? I've never envisioned myself going there. But skiing does sound cool. And I agree. Whenver well finally "grow up", we must book sign and have lavish soirees with a ton of other artists, like the writers and artists of back then would do. And Florence Welch's voice—maybe even presence, if we're ever that big or rick—WOULD BE FRIGGIN AWESOME.