I Can't Even Tell You | Teen Ink

I Can't Even Tell You

June 5, 2013
By Diana101 GOLD, Grove City, Ohio
Diana101 GOLD, Grove City, Ohio
13 articles 0 photos 107 comments

Favorite Quote:
"God's delays are not God's denials"


There’s tears rolling down my cheeks, and baby I’m too afraid to even tell you why.
Cuz all these thoughts building up inside the walls of my mind, have bursted through.
There’s fears controlling my every move, and baby I’m scared of being shy.
Cuz I can’t stand the fact that I can’t even tell you…

The way you come around is like a love story in disguise.
Cuz all those times I caught you staring, made me want to know you.
The way you’re honestly genuine, makes you not like them other guys.
And I can’t stand the fact that I can’t even tell you…

The way you glance at me as I walk bye you, makes my stomach fly away.
And all those times our eyes lock, time just seems to slow down.
The way I smile and laugh at all your jokes, should make you realize today,
That I hate the fact that I can’t even tell you…

There’s a heart beating in my chest, and baby I’m too afraid to even tell you that you make it go wild.
And all those times you’re with me, I can’t seem to think clearly, and it all goes blank.
There’s apart of me that wants to be the only girl’s number that you dial.
But baby, I hate the fact that I can’t even tell you…


The author's comments:
At the time, there was a guy that I was starting to fall for. And I was afraid to say anything, because I didn't know if he felt the same way as I did. So I decided to write this poem as if I was speaking my feelings directly to him. So I hope you guys like it :)