If I had Wings

Fiery wings were alit,
Dusks’ fingertips of inky iridescence,
As marble day drew distant,

The soulful curtains of twilight swayed.

Spun from fine gold-like threads,
Crept hues of light.
Sol and Luna one as the clouds danced,
The spirit of creation soared.

Veils of night courting the undulating light,
Brilliant shades merging,
Interweaving legends with legacies,
In quiet contemplation.

For I have just to shut my eyes,
To go sailing through the skies.
Noiseless be the airy flight,
Silent as the still moonlight.
That blessed mood,
Of all this unintelligible world,
Is lightened – Finis.

MMOON said...
Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:18 am
This is really good, unique and creative! I really enjoyed it, took my breathe away. It was very beautiful!  very thoughtfull too. Keep writing. Please also comment and rate my poems!

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:38 am
Wow! I could tell this was very thought out and imagery was excessive and brilliant. I could imagine everything in my head perfectly. The writing style was very unique and original, and it created an almost mysterious mood throughout the poem. Well done! You're an amazing writer :)

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:41 am
Also, I forgot to add that this poem reminded me of God's creation of Earth. It was truly beautiful; my favorite part is: "Spun from fine gold-like threads, Crept hues of light. Sol and Luna one as the clouds danced, the spirit of creaton soared." Exquisite vocabulary and verb-choice!! (Im sorry, I keep rambling on, but again, well done!)

TimelessHistories replied...
Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:51 am
thank you so so much! and yes, even though it was inspired by the flame of a candle, this poem was intended to represent all the life that a single flame could truly encompass! I'm glad you enjoyed!