Escape

This air is dynamic

Enveloping (cold) caresses

Like words that whisper peace

And as my shoes slap by blood boils

I push harder, wishing for escape

from these images swimming

bursting through my eyes

this fatal chasm

I was grasping heaven by a fine thread,

Daddy, why do you say that’s so wrong

I needed somthing... you didn’t know what-

Ah, yes. I needed this.

The air and my heart

swallowed down into the

cage that is my ribs-

I am a vortex,

spitting out this

ugly black

endless

thought.

The air and my heart

forced to beat

forced to

breathe

beating

living, now I think that’s

what you believe I

need, to hear this

sorrow in my

breath, to

let

go

My tear ducts are a dripping

faucet, spilling out from

this fatal chasm

trapped in my

ribcage.

You forgot all of this,

these images

this pain - so

I was so

numb.

Stop trying to run your

thumbs along this

river water

stop

smudging my mark

on this forgotten

convoluted

earth.

Shahrier said...
Jan. 5 at 6:19 pm:
youre right haley, i do see the similarities between your poem and mine. but, unlike my poem, the emotions are more raw in yours. this is very nice. i love the way it stirs up emotions in me.reminds me of the past. which is bitter sweet.

haley101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 6 at 11:57 am :
yes, this does remind me very much of my past. I wrote in in January of last year, and then came back to it six months later, revised it, and then left it for another six months until I read it over, and started to feel all of that all over again. Thanks so much for the compliment!

haley101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:59 pm:
that's exactly what I was going for! It's great that you took the time to really look into my technique. Thank you.  

Padoodallee said...
Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:32 pm:
This poem is so great! I love how every word is important when you give it it's own line and yet all the words connect and flow well together. Great job!

Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:21 pm:
thanks so much!  

redrose1 said...
Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:09 pm:
beautifu! Simply amazing 

Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:49 am:
Thanks Soph. You're so kind :)

SophieSoFarThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:40 am:
I heart it!!! This is just a perfect piece :)