It Could've Been You

Screams in the night broke the still silence,
A tragedy occurring
At tragic hours.
It seemed like all would rather pretend not
To hear,
Than chase nightmares.
A girl on the street, not alone, even though
Inside,
She was quite alone.
Desperation amidst pain, a terrifying face,
That of a beautiful
Monster.
Looming, he took her and did what he wanted,
And she screamed,
They dreamed.
And in the morning she was nowhere to be found,
But who was looking?
They didn’t dare.
Maybe the next night it’ll be one of their daughters,
Body broken and used,
As she finally sleeps.

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:50 am
this was so powerful and moving. i dont know how you manage to capture so much strength into your poems, but its amazing.

Zoya_Khan said...
Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:32 am
Good Job :) :) :)

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I hope one of your works to raise awareness gets into the magazine; it really needs some coverage. Awesome job with spreading the emotion to the reader! Have a great day! :D

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Your name is Callie right? I have seen Mckay call you that a couple times so I was wondering..... Wow, amazing poem. The end was perfect, absolutly amazing. You have obvious talent, and I just keep coming back to read more of your work. Awesome job! Have a nice day and keep rockin oh and mind checking out some of my work if you haven't already?

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:21 am
Yeah, it's Callie :) And of course I will! Any particular ones you'd like me to read? Have a nice day too, and thanks! :) :)

freepersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow-powerful! I have some more work I would like u to look at :)

Definitely! Give me names :)

freepersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
winter, saved, nothing wrong, why i can't, etc... :)