Cold Stars and Pavement

The cold night begins to be stabbed through
With points of light,
stars.
As she walks down the street,
she is aware of how it looks —
alone,
fishnet black stockings and short skirt,
the piercings,
tattoos,
and what kind of monsters lurk for people
just like her.
The stars twinkle down at her, distant,
as if impassively watching
her walk
down the road to destruction.
Wary and tired, her heels click, clack, on the pavement,
when she hears it —
footsteps.
And then, oh — violation, pain, tragedy!
Where did everyone go,
that a girl
must suffer this kind of wrath alone?
And why must the stars shine so brightly
on this night,
when another soul burns out?
Afterwards she lay,
spent,
on the cold stone ground.
Her body used,
her heart broken,
her dignity long
gone.
And the stars still twinkle ever so
brightly.

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 7:29 pm:
Wow, just wow. That is all I have to say. Keep rockin

freepersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 11 at 10:23 am:
Wow this is awesome this should be in the magazine :)

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 10 at 2:21 pm:
Wow, it's sad that I can relate to this, but I can. I love the question "And why must the stars shine so brightly on this night,/when another soul burns out?" Just WOW. Amazing job. I don't really know what else to say to this besides the fact that THIS NEEDS TO MAKE THE MAGAZINE. IMMEDIATELY. :D

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 10 at 2:25 pm :
Thank you for understsanding :) This was written for a friend of mine........i hope others can also relate to it. I just wish i maybe had put an element of hope in there.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 10 at 2:00 pm:
This is dark. But I love it. The image is clear. And the message is just chilling. I love how the stars saw it all, but didn't do anything about, rather they shined even brighter. Excellent work, Jade. 

Jun. 10 at 2:25 pm :
thanks mckay :) yeah it's dark.......but i wanted to shock readers into maybe thinking more about the issue. thanks for reading :)

HazelGraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 10 at 12:32 pm:
Aww..... This is so sad. But you handled a senstive topic artfully, and used the contrast of light/dark to make it poetic. Beautiful!