Mother | Teen Ink

Mother

By The_Doctor GOLD, Canon City, Colorado
The_Doctor GOLD, Canon City, Colorado

“Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. ”

You hurt me,
Both externally,
And internally,

You twist a pin into my heart,
And gather my flowing blood onto a cart.
You think you can hurt me,

Just because you gave me money,
You think you can make my life like hell,
Just because I am the one who made you fell.

I wish you have never given birth to me,
I wish I can expose what you are for all to see.
I hate you,

And I hate you to the hearts core,
I want you to hear my vengeful call.
I respect you because I must,

Yet you blame me for not giving you my trust.
How can I love, or trust, a person like you?
Who makes me feel I'm feebler than cotton wool?

I am forever imprisoned to you by blood,
For as long as I live,
The relation between us cannot be cut,

But soon I will take my leave,
Hoping that forever you will grieve.

Mother's can be our heroes, our perfect angels. Then again, they can be our villain, our tormentors. Hopefully we know the difference between the two.