What's the Point?

Sure,
Maybe it’s as they say
And when I’m gone
I’m gone,
With blackness as my only eternal companion.
And if that’s true,
I suppose I can embrace that,
If I must,
Though really, where’s the choice anyways?
But forgive me for thinking
For daring
To believe
That all the love and joy of today will not be obliterated
Tomorrow.
Forgive me for saying that evil
Has consequences
And the good
Will have their time, where once wolves roamed.
And please,
Forgive me,
For what I’m about to say — I know what you’ll say,
That it’s all fanciful wishing and
Star grabbing,
And that my words are as meaningless as this life.
But I have to say it —
I MUST SAY IT —
That if you’re wrong (and I’m right),
How much more will this life be meaningless,
If you miss the point
Of death?

HazelGrace said...
Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:34 pm:
Hmmm. I like this. I myself am one of those people who say it's all "star-grabbing," but I am impressed in your passionate defense of religion. Great job, as always jade!

SongBird04 said...
Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:55 pm:
This is very interesting and deep! I like it! Nice job :)

Indigo.Knows said...
Jun. 8, 2013 at 7:24 am:
I like the last one or two lines, and how, even though it's two people flows with their parts, you know? And I like the line about fanciful wishing and star grabbing. ♥

KrasotaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 7, 2013 at 2:01 pm:
Your style of writing here reminds me of a happy-go-lucky Edgar Allan Poe AND I LOVE IT. It also slightly reminds me of Paul justifying his belief in the resurrection of Christ in 1 Corinthians 15. I don't exactly know why, but I think of that chapter when I'm reading this poem (and rereading it because it's just that awesome). :D Wonderful job yet again!

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 7, 2013 at 4:58 pm :
thank you so much! you have no idea how much it means to be compared to Paul o.o .......like, wow. 

freepersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 7, 2013 at 9:47 am:
I wanna go to heaven.... anyway this is really good! :)

Jun. 7, 2013 at 4:59 pm :
lol, so do i, so do i. and good thing heaven is free :) thank you for your feedback!   .............. and yes, people, before you comment....i did mean "dialogue" not "dialect" in my author's comment :P