Soles

The calloused soles
Barren and cold along my skin
A tremble
A fear
An echo vibrates through me
Confused I strain out
Reaching for an explanation
I wish I hadn't gotten one
First came the still warm knees
Then the length of leg
Followed closely by the torso
Finally the head
All the warmth seeps into me
Leaving only cold
A body enclosed by the limp arms
Squirms uncomprehending
A final puff of air escapes the lips
I wish I could have stopped it
I wish the feet were still warm
But what could I do?
For I am nothing but the ground

Kestrel135This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 16 at 11:35 am:
The relation to the image from the halocaust was well displayed in this piece. However, you were able to tie more into this than what the image showed; it was thought provoking and an intruiging work. It was fluent in rhythm, and I thought the title was well chosen for this piece. Well done! 

ramona7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 26, 2013 at 5:53 am:
it's really a heart touching and thought provoking poem.....must be some hell living in the time of holocaust....

WallypenguinThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow, this is really deep. Thank you for bringing some light to such a horrific tragedy from the p.o.v. of someone that didn't survive. (Thank's for participating in my one word story.)

EpitomeofUbiquity said...
Wow this is beautiful my friend, It's well constructed and flows like satin! (Ps~ this is Alex. :3 )

Free.Style.LifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 7, 2013 at 9:16 pm:
It's really good, good job Greek! :D ~ Free ;)(:

GreekGoddessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 8, 2013 at 11:36 am :
Thanks! :)