Imaginary Fiend

She wore spare parts like broken jewels
But tried to hide the cracks
The air she breathed tasted like ink
When sunlight came in waves

She was frugal with her dignity
And honored for her rags
While privately, she hoarded
A wealth of false ideas

She hung her portrait with no face
And kept a pair of glass eyes close
In case of the anomaly
That might bring them to use

But reality was poison
And she withered dry from thirst

Her home was named insanity

You know,
She isn't real

DawnieRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 8:11 pm:
That's so cool!!!!

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 1:22 pm :
Aw, thanks a ton! :)

GraphicWriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 29 at 1:02 am:
Holy Twisted Tacos!! I mean- wowzers!!!! You are immensely talented! I love the language you use and the concepts, how they contrast and connect- freaking awesome dude, keep on writing! I love it!

Jun. 29 at 9:30 am :
Thanks so much! That really means a ton coming from such a talented writer as yourself. :)