Diaries This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Below and deep down,
The sky is still blue,
And there are still weeds to be pulled.

Below and deep down,
I huddle in a boat with no sail,
And watch the birds with gills fly through the sky.

Below and deep down,
It's very lonely.
I was wrong about the mermaids – there
are none.

Below and deep down,
The sky presses down,
And it rains day and night.

IlovemeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a great poem! Congratulations on getting published! :D

GreyGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 11, 2013 at 8:24 pm :
Thanks! :D

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:43 pm:
The pic is what captured me the most. I've never seen it before. So...bold. I swear that's what I look like in the morning...but not that attractive. -_- I love the poem. And the disappointment you convey, especially when you realize there are no mermaids in the sea, which is disappointing. I like the two last lines: "The sky presses down,/And it rains day and night." Well done.

TargonTheDragonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:08 pm :
i agree with Mckay. the last line is what held me. 

mereCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 16, 2013 at 12:05 pm :
Agreed; the last two lines should always be the most powerful and they were, another awesome piece of writing!