care to read the subtitles this time love? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

our life has become nothing more than
those silent movies your mother and your dad used to watch.
but that was before she went crazy
and after your daddy took her away.

with that – our screens are flickers of
blacks, whites and grays
crackles of static going grainy behind us
and there's nothing but the Silence
with the gags in his hands

but it's not like no one cares
and no one can hear our screams,
and no one can see what's behind the grains
and no one bothers to read our lips
and understands our motions.

that grayed-out film is tearing now
and your face is reeling back
as i'm wound up around the machine
and without me there
and without you there
the screen fades to white

but not before it all says
fin.

theatregirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 3:42 pm:
From the title to the last line, this delivered!!!!!!! I love it !!!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 1 at 5:31 pm:
I ADORE THIS! One of my new favorites. The emotion and lyrical wording, the imagery and that stunning title—I'm not infauted with this poem. I'm in love with it. I love how you pictured things here like it was a movie. I love old films, so of course I love this. Ada, you're definitely a new favorite poet of mine. 

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 13 at 9:50 pm :
CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy for you and my other literary sisters who were published. 

biancaasare said...
Jun. 1 at 8:22 pm:
absolutely adore this! it would be great if you could check out my poem! feedback is welcome

I8GrassThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 1 at 3:27 am:
  I'm always a sucker for a good title. But you definitely delivered more than just a kick-butt title. It was a little bit all over the place, but I'm more inclined to like the messier stuff. Loved the little bit about mom and pop, loved the ending, and I loved the over all tone of the piece. Awesome.  

Jun. 1 at 3:26 am:
I'm always a sucker for a good title. But you definitely delivered more than just a kick-ass title. It was a little bit all over the place, but I'm more inclined to like the messier stuff. Loved the little bit about mom and pop, loved the ending, and I loved the over all tone of the piece. Awesome.