Heartbreak

You always told me I was right,
Even when I was wrong.
You always held me tight,
You were always so strong.

You always made me happy,
Never to sad.
But when you did break my heart,
You felt so bad.

You called me, you pleaded,
You wanted me back.
I almost fell for it,
But was caught in a crack.

They told me not to do it,
But I never did listen.
You made me feel beautiful,
You made me glisten.

You kept feeding me lies,
And telling no truth.
About all of the girls,
All I wanted was proof.

I needed you then,
I need you now.
But you left my presence,
And I still wanna know how.

HarriThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 4:15 pm:
Not bad. It wouldn't hurt to try using deeper words to better express the feeling, but over all I liked it.

cristelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 18 at 11:10 am:
i like this a lot....lol it brings back memories   

Mishamigo said...
Feb. 17 at 6:28 pm:
This is SOOOOO good! :)

Zach_M said...
Jun. 5, 2013 at 5:47 pm:
haha I like the flow, but some of the lines didn't have the proper syllables, but i guess that's your style of writing. Besides this being a typical piece... i really enjoyed reading how you felt at a particular time in your life. For you to write about it, shows that it weighed heacy upon you at a particular time in your life. I love your rhyme scheme... and you made your words gleam with a sad beauty; overall you did a great job.

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 5, 2013 at 5:45 pm:
This is good, i'd say 4/5 stars. Your word choice could be better. Still good tho, good job!